Our client, a major company within the Oil and Gas Industry, is looking for an HSE Specialist/WSER to work on a 6-months assignment in Midland, TX.
- Provide safety leadership to management and employees to include OSHA standards and compliance strategies, DOT Compliance Requirements and Client's policies and standards.
- Provides analysis and monitoring of different HSE programs, incident management, behavior-based observations, investigations, audits, Key Performance Indicators (KPI), etc. using tools related to statistics, occupational health and safety, environmental sciences, economics/costing, etc.
- Performs tasks in a wide range of environmental, health and safety disciplines to achieve compliance with the organization's EH&S standards and with federal and state regulatory requirements.
- Assists in the development, implementation and maintenance of programs, systems and procedures necessary to ensure the overall safety and health of employees and the community.
- Assists in monitoring and preventing chemical, physical and biological hazards and diseases that could be present in the work area.
- Works with others to investigate accidents, injuries, and complaints concerning hazards or uncomfortable conditions in the work place.
- Recommending improvements in processes, design, procedures, and operating equipment, to minimize the hazardous potential.
- Ensures HSE excellence through training, involvement in behavior-based programs, auditing of management and safety systems, rig inspections, gathering and trending leading and trailing indicators, and participation in the incident investigation & reporting processes.
- Provides guidance, regulatory interpretation, and assists with procedure development for a variety of HSE issues.
- Fully COVID-19 vaccinated
- Experienced level, typically 5-7 years of experience.