HSE Specialist- Environmental & Quarantine
Our client is a major Oil & Gas operator with an exciting opportunity for a Health, Environment & Safety (HES) Specialist to join the HES Find & Develop team. Reporting to the HSE Supervisor for CO2/Wells, the role will be based in Perth with occasional site travel.
As HSE Specialist – Environmental & Quarantine, the successful candidate will provide technical consultation to the workforce, project teams and leadership on a wide range of environmental matters spanning the design, fabrication, installation, operations and decommissioning of the organization's assets.
Key responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Act as the environmental focal point for fauna, flora and marine ecological aspects for the Project
- Develop and establish Project quarantine management planning and contract Quarantine Management System expectations into deliverables and plans
- Support engagement with regulators and Quarantine Expert Panels as needed.
- Act as the principal interface with external stakeholders on environmental performance, co-ordination of external environmental audits/inspections and requests for information
- Commitment to health, environment and safety and best practices
Key skills and experience:
- Broad knowledge of OE processes and experience supporting practical application of them in a field execution environment
- Understanding of the OE Assurance framework
- Previous experience in building and maintaining positive working relationships with contractors/business partners and internal and external stakeholders
- Well-developed oral and written communication skills and the ability to engage with all levels of the business in a professional and courteous manner and be proficient in the Microsoft suite of applications
- Demonstrated ability to identify and build key relationships that contribute to high-class business results
- Demonstrated commitment to the company values and achieving an incident and injury free environment
In return for your skills, attributes and experience, you will be rewarded with an exciting role, a competitive salary and a fantastic opportunity to further develop your career,