Job locationMontreal, Canada
• 20%- Interprets legal requirements, best practices and information gathered from consensus standards and hazard analysis to develop and maintain sound Health, Safety & Environmental Policies, Procedures and Training Material.
• 20%- Functions as a subject matter expert in HSE matters, providing technical advice on procedures and processes to ensure employee safety and compliance with applicable legal requirements.
• 20%- Develops HSE policies and procedures for distribution to the field and corporate organization detailing requirements and implementation criteria to achieve and maintain compliance.
• 20%- Perform audits of management systems and strategizes/follow-up on proper corrective actions.
• 10%- Assists in the development and delivery of required Health, Safety & Environmental training.
• 5%- Represents HSE in a positive way, encourages safe behavior and incident reductions.
• 5% - Other duties as assigned
• Able to communicate in French and English orally and in writing,
• Must have a working knowledge of Canadian legal requirements (Quebec, Ontario and Alberta).
• Demonstrates flexibility and adaptability to operational needs.
• Ability to lead several projects at the same time.
• Demonstrated ability to create buy in.
• Ability to research complicated topics and distill information to usable format.
• Ability to manage long-term projects, create budget and timelines, identify contributors, and map process for completion with direct supervision.
• Ability to write at technical level.
• Effective communication skills at variety of contact levels.
• Ability to effectively supervise processes and verify compliance.
• Strong time-management skills.
• Very strong communication and collaboration skills.
• Self-directed and proactive.
• Must be willing and able to travel throughout North America, or internationally as required or directed (40%).
• Ongoing training required to perform the required duties.
• Working knowledge of various Microsoft programs including Word, Outlook, Excel and PowerPoint.
• Ability to easily learn how to use various online platforms/software
• Must have a valid driving license and a good driving record.
• Must have a valid passport for international travel.
• Formal education or training in Health/Safety or Environmental field required
• 5 years of experience in Health/Safety/Environment
• Electrical safety, confined spaces & working a heights knowledge is an advantage
• Ability to work at heights, including ascending and descending wind turbines. This includes the initial functional ability test, climb test and related training.
• Ability to work in extreme weather conditions, including cold, rain, wind, etc.
Principal Control & Instrumentation Engineer
Job Title Principal Instrumentation Engineer Location Glasgow / Grangemouth Employment PAYE 12-month Contract Intended Start Date August 2022 Company Description 48,000 people. 49 countries. Over 1...
Senior Control & Instrumentation Engineer
Job Title Senior Instrumentation Engineer Location Glasgow / Grangemouth Employment PAYE - 12-month contract No. of Vacancies 1 Intended Start Date August 2022 Company Description 48,000 people. 49...
Risk Management Section Lead
Airswift is seeking to invite a Section Lead Risk Management to consider joining the Risk Management Team in Project Controls in the oil and gas industry. Responsibilities: Draft and implement ris...