Mission / Service Dimensions
- To define and implement an HSE management system; and to ensure that HSE values are understood and adopted by the whole entities of Fenix Project Platform Fabrication Package (Wellhead Platform).
- To advise management on the implementation of HSE risk analysis and management; to propose the number and nature of resources required to manage Package operational safety.
- To ensure the safety of Package fabrication operations and the preparedness of the relevant personnel.
- To contribute to furthering a positive image of the group and to improving the entity’s performance by combining HSE and socio-economic considerations, in a broad geographical, cultural, contractual, and environmental context.
- To support and provide guidance to other site personnel and to all project teams on HSE issues.
- To liaise with Project HSE Manager on HSE issues as required.
Package with a budget of about 75 MUSD and with 0.8 million estimated manhours
Teams managed directly; 1 subordinate (HSE Supervisor) Teams managed indirectly: Coordination and management of Package HSE supervision at fabrication yard and subcontractors’ workshops located at different locations (Construction Yard and surroundings ).
Compliance with HSE laws, regulations and specifications
a. To validate requests submitted for concession/exemption from application of specifications for activities at yard in close contact with HSE Manager.
- To keep updated the relevant HSE documentation for the Package
a. To define and communicate to all personnel at yard, the Company and Project HSE policy and objectives.
b. To ensure that HSE Project Policy and documents (directives, rules, specifications, procedures) are properly understood and enforced.
c. To ensure HSE coordination with the operative disciplines and other stakeholders at yard.
d. To attend HSE project committee meetings and other HSE related meetings, ensuring that actions and decisions are implemented.
e. To advise management on ways and means of identifying and minimizing risks, and the impact of activities, especially for simultaneous operations or in downgraded situations; to verify and follow up delivery of the appropriate authorizations needed for conducting operations at yard.
f. To control execution of all contractor’s HSE related activities and perform HSE visits and audits in all contractor’s facilities (contractor’s offices, workshops, fabrication yard)
g. To follow up HSE contractor’s incentive schemes implementation.
h. To supervise and follow up activities of Company HSE supervisors at Platform fabrication yard
i. To report project HSE statistics related to the Package
Risk Evaluation and Management
a. To manage and organize risk analysis methodologies to be implemented.
b. To prepare, direct or participate in HSE studies and risk assessments undertaken for the fabrication at yard and the execution of operations.
c. To produce/validate studies performed prior to start-up of activities for safety cases aimed at obtaining authorizations.
d. To initiate and implement JSA and risk analysis on construction sites, including environmental issues.
Respect for the Environment
a. To ensure that environmental procedures are available.
b. To implement and monitor the environmental management plan, including the waste management plan at yard
Safeguarding Of Health
a. To ensure that occupational health hazards have been identified; to coordinate relevant medical audits; to ensure that personnel of Project Team are fit for their jobs.
b. To set up a system ensuring that every hazardous substance, product or material is clearly identified and quantified, and that storage and handling requirements are clearly described.
c. To make sure, in liaison with the medical services of contractor, that medical and first-aid materials and equipment are available on the worksites.
d. To ensure that the policy governing personnel protective equipment (PPE) is clearly defined and applied.
Qualifications & Experience Required
Qualification: generalist or specialized engineer diploma
Languages: Fluency in English (oral and written).
Professional Experience: HSE positions in offshore projects. 10 years’ experience as HSE Leader /Supervisor at construction yard for offshore projects.
Context and Environment
Resident position in Italy (Ravenna yard).
Starting date: August 2022
Duration: 12 months Renewable