Our client, a major company within the Oil and Gas Industry, is looking for an HSE Coordinator or Specialist to work on a 12-months assignment in Dallas, TX.
This position will require 50-75% travel to field locations
- Provide health and safety, process safety technical support, ensuring compliance with federal, state, and local regulations and company policies.
- Support the key deliverables and KPIs for the business as it relates to health and safety strategy;
- Provide coaching and leadership to ensure incidents are reported and conduct incident investigations and safety audits, and provide correction actions;
- Participate in the EHS review of projects; identify equipment, process, and chemical hazards; assess safety and health impacts and recommend solutions.
- Provide 24/7 safety support for drills and emergency response (NIMS a plus).
- Support the integration of Human Performance aspects into critical operating procedures, incident investigations and health and safety programs – including projects and contractor work activities.
- Liaise with local and state regulatory agencies.
- Provide safety input for Facility Response and Security Plans.
- Assist in development of compliance strategies.
- Identify industrial hygiene issues and provide recommendations to prevent exposures.
- Bachelor of Science in Occupational Safety, Industrial Hygiene, Environmental Science or related field, or equivalent experience, Certifications, Licenses: CSP, SMS, CIH, etc;
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in progressively responsible industrial or oil and gas EHS position, directing contractor safety programs for major construction projects.
- Experience in a pipeline, chemical, or refinery operation
- Experience in Emergency Response, OSHA compliance, Process Safety Management, Risk Management Plans, Haz-Mat - Proficient working knowledge of PHMSA, 29 CFR 1910 & 1926 and OSHA
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Internet Search Engines Competencies/Skills.
- Familiarity with EPA, TCEQ, and NDEQ regulations and permitting is a plus.
- When in field setting, may be exposed to a variety of conditions including weather extremes, confined spaces, and loud noises; respiratory exposures, include standing or sitting for long hours, reaching, climbing, squatting, crawling, balancing.
- When in office setting, must be able to sit and work at a computer keyboard for extended periods of time.
- Ability to lift and move 50-75 pounds occasionally.
- Travel requirement is estimated at 50% to 75%, and will require some overnight stays.
- Ability to respond 24/7 by phone, email or travel for any emergencies.