The individual in this position is responsible for providing technical and functional HSE support for the marine and subsea offshore scope of the Project. This position is based in St. Johns, Newfoundland.
- Ensure that the marine and subsea contractors are meeting regulatory compliance, operations integrity objectives and health, safety and environmental (HSE) performance goals. These goals and objectives will be aligned with the Company’s Operations Integrity Management System (COIMS) and the Projects Health, Safety, Environment and Security (HSES) Standards.
- Conduct regulatory compliance gap assessments.
- Conduct audits and inspections of marine vessels using the company-based compliance verification tools.
- Conduct and/or review quality of incident investigations.
- Facilitate the project partnership for safety program where required.
- Audit performance of contractors safety management system.
- Coach and mentor company’s and contractor reps in safety management and safe work practices.
- Participate in hazard and risk assessments.
- Ensure the project meets assigned goals and objectives related to HSE and regulatory performance. Provide support in the successful delivery of all regulatory operations/construction authorizations for the Project’s offshore work scopes.
- Ability to conduct audits and inspections, in addition to conducting and reviewing quality of incident investigations.
- Possess excellent computer skills and proficient with Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint).
- Extensive knowledge of local regulatory requirements of the C-NLOPB and Transport Canada.
- Extensive knowledge of best practice safety management processes.
- Post-secondary education in the field of Health Safety and Environmental Science and/or Occupational Health and Safety Certificate/Diploma or Degree from a recognized Canadian post-secondary institution.
- Professional safety designation such as CRSP, CSP, ROH, or ROHT would be considered an asset.
- Minimum of 5 years specific experience in a prior HSE role including direct responsibility for the administration of Health, Safety and Environment management programs for the construction, offshore or marine industry.