We are currently working with a Major Oil & Gas producer to source for HSE Advisor. This is a full-time role on an initial 1-year contract based in Queensland, Australia. Please see details below;
Title: HSE Advisor
Start Date: Negotiable (typically within 1 month notice)
Type: FIFO 15 days on/13 days off - 1 Year Contract (potential for extension)
Location: Chinchilla, Queensland, Australia
PURPOSE & ACCOUNTABILITIES:
- To provide field-based Health, Safety & Environment support, engagement, and coaching for the project’s work scopes, personnel and contractors to ensure:
- Systematic management and assurance of hazards, effects and mitigations;
- The identification and implementation of opportunities for continuous HSE improvement.
- The role is within the HSE Manager reporting line and will involve close liaison with field projects personnel, contractors and HSE team and collaboration with the other asset HSE teams and business delivery functions.
- Leading by example to promote and develop a positive HSE culture and psychologically safe environment that recognizes and supports human performance elements.
- Providing HSE subject matter and regulatory advice to the projects field team to ensure compliance with the Company HSE processes & procedures.
- Supporting the development, review and effective implementation of safe systems of work processes including work planning, pre-starts, risk assessments, permit to work, emergency response and after-action reviews.
- Actively participating in on site engagement and coaching to ensure hazards, controls and safe systems of work are understood and applied.
- Recognising good HSE behaviours and practices and respectfully intervening and constructively challenging and reporting unsafe conditions, behaviours and practices.
- Preparing materials and sharing HSE information, procedures, initiatives, HSE alerts, awareness packs, observations and lessons learnt with frontline workers and contractors including participating in HSE meetings & pre-starts.
- Supporting the development and management of Projects scope related HSE Improvement Plans and schedule of HSE activities.
- Assisting the field project team with the management and investigation of HSE events including action tracking;
- Organising, managing and participating in field based HSE assurance activities along with proposing opportunities for HSE improvement; Dimension:
- Responsible for the efficient use of personal time to ensure all tasks are achieved within appropriate timeframes.
- Respectful and constructive field-based coaching, support, intervention and challenge on HSE aspects;
- Consultation and collaboration with the Projects field and HSE teams on dilemmas and solutions for HSE improvements supported by relevant approvals from the Projects Leadership Team as necessary.
SKILLS & REQUIREMENTS:
- 5 years’ experience as a HSE professional / practitioner with a HSE/ Technical/ Operational qualification;
- An understanding of construction or civils activities preferably in the oil & gas industry.
- Strong HSE knowledge which can be effectively applied to the work site and experience in effectively engaging and influencing field based workers and contractor personnel in HSE aspects;
- Knowledge of Australian HSE regulatory requirements, local procedures and permits particularly those associated with Petroleum & Gas and Work Health & Safety legislation;
- Strong communication and team working skills;
- Australian PR or Citizenship is required to be consider for this position.
- Vaccination requirements apply.
If you would like to be considered for the position, please apply direct to this advertisement with your CV & contact details, or send the same to firstname.lastname@example.org