Our client, a major oil and gas company, is looking for a Senior HR Recruiting Specialist to work on a 12-months contract in Calgary, Alberta.
- Ensures the company has the workforce it needs to execute its' business strategy by supporting the short term and long-term staffing needs for the allocated clients within the business.
- Makes decisions and recommendations based on technical and complex issues as well as matters of general policy.
- Exercises considerable judgment and independent action.
- Seen as an expert. Partner with hiring leaders to ensure the full recruitment cycle is completed in alignment with guidelines.
- Provide strategic consultation and recruitment support to leaders throughout the recruitment process, including creation of job specifications, sourcing of candidates, creation of advertisements, pre-screening and interviewing, negotiating the offer, identifying pre-employment screening requirements and making recommendations based on the screening results and ensuring appropriate documentation is maintained.
- Provide coaching related to the use of the recruitment system and effective interviewing techniques
- Ability to influence and have an impact on decision making as it relates to the workforce plan, recruitment strategy and selection of the right candidate.
- Develop relationships with and actively participate in industry and professional associations that will expand the company's recruiting and networking capabilities; utilize innovative sourcing strategies for talent acquisition needs in difficult to recruit locations and for professional or technical disciplines in high demand; collaborate on development and delivery of corporate recruitment programs including student programs, career fairs as well as communication materials for candidates and new hires etc. collaborate on other projects as required with the Talent Acquisition Team and other areas of HR to plan and deliver effective services.
- Accountable for the creation and/or implementation planning of new programs that impact the broader organization.
- May provide informal leadership to a team of Recruitment Consultants.
- High School diploma or GED
- 6 + Years of Experience with recruiting
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to resolve inquiries in an effective and timely manner while managing competing priorities in a high-paced, deadline-driven environment
- Solid organizational, attention to detail, and time management skills to ensure that work related activities are completed in an accurate and timely manner