Airswift has been tasked by one of our key clients to seek a HR: Compensation, Benefits and Payroll to join them for a 1-year contract (renewable) in Dar es Salaam, Tanzania.
The Job Holder is responsible for the following critical tasks :
• Effective overseeing and implementation of company’s compensation and benefits policies and practices.
- Ensure that compensation practices, salaries and benefits are in compliance with current legislation (pay equity, human rights, etc)
? Develop a fair, equitable and competitive total compensation and benefits package that fits in and is aligned to the company’s strategy and business goals
? Develop and Structure effective and efficient compensation and benefits practices for the company so as to yield the highest value for the company
? Conduct research, assess employees needs by conducting organizational surveys to establish what motivates employee productivity
? Design compensation packages and bonus programs that align with the company’s strategic plan
? Assess, Measure, Evaluate and report on the effectiveness of employee compensation and benefit programs offered by the company
? Provide technical and data driven support to managers in their decisions on compensation benefits practices/packages and advise on effective ways to motivate employees in the company.
? Prepare regular audits and reports for company’s’ information and storage
? Ensure compliance with applicable laws and payroll tax obligations
? Maintain accurate records and prepare reports related to payroll.
? Oversee timely processing of payroll changes (e.g. new recruits, terminated staff, salary increments) and system upgrades
- Be responsible for overseeing, managing and administering employees' compensation and benefits
• Developing a consistent compensation practice for the company
• Ensure that company’s compensation practices are in compliance with current legislation
• Ensure that the Company Policies, rules, guidelines and procedure are followed.
• Provide continuous, reliable and relevant reporting to the management
Qualifications / Experience required:
- Bachelor's degree in Human Resources Management, Business Administration, or any other related field
- 5+ years of experience working in the human resources field
- Possess 5+ years practical experience as a compensation and benefits manager or similar role
- Possess knowledge and experience in using different payroll systems
- Possess strong negotiation and communication skills
- Knowledgeable in building compensation packages and bonus programs for various departments and seniority levels
- Possess excellent understanding of job evaluation and job analysis systems
- Good analytical skills especially in quantitative data collection and analysis
- Possess good knowledge of payroll procedures and related labor laws of Tanzania
- Possess experience in conducting employee satisfaction surveys
- Familiarity with payroll software/ HRIS (e.g., SAP,) and MS Office (especially Excel)