Airswift has been tasked by one of our major Oil and Gas clients to seek an HR Advisor to work in their facilities located in Martinez, CA on a contract to hire position.
Day to day responsibilities:
- Deliver professional end to end HR support to the refinery as needed for assigned client groups.
- As client group may change, flexible to support multiple groups, both represented and non-represented employees.
- Manage full cycle recruiting. Manage budgeted and non-budgeted positions (hiring plan); meet with business leaders frequently to assess the needs as it relates to hiring and organizational design. Full cycle includes assessing the needs, posting ads, reviewing resumes, setting up interviews and scheduling and working with the business and the HR Manager on offer packages. Handle employee changes/ terminations and update the HRIS system accordingly.
- Subject matter expert (Benefits Partner) for all site employees.
- Keep abreast of current laws and maintain posted information on the company bulletin boards, annual department of labor requirements and coordinate employee programs and events.
- Answer general policy and procedure questions regarding employment, benefits and payroll. Be the point of contact for the Employee Handbook questions.
- Assist with key strategic HR initiatives and projects such as succession planning, performance management, employee development and Open Enrollment.
- Support HR staff in other areas as needed such as coordination of meetings and functions, reporting, annual calendar events such as open enrollment and merit planning.
- Will be responsible for reviewing, auditing and preparing the billing for various benefit plans.
Previous education & experience required:
- Bachelor’s degree required, HR or related field
- 3 plus years HR experience in a high growth environment, preferably in a manufacturing environment with a minimum of two years in full cycle recruiting
- 2 years working experience with California Benefits and Leave Administration
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate effectively and build relationships at all levels of the organization
- Excellent problem-solving skills and attention to detail
- Ability to ensure integrity and working with confidential information
Should you be interested in this exciting opportunity with a global oil and gas company please apply to this advert with your up to date resume. Please note that there is no per diem or relocation provided.