Our client, major LNG Operator in Qatar, is hiring for Hook-up & Brown Field Specialist to work for major project (Offshore Brownfield & Greenfield scope) for various offshore facilities for the extraction and transportation of natural gas, including platforms, supporting and connecting structures, subsea cables and anticorrosion internally cladded pipelines. This is a contract and residential role to be based in Qatar with initial contract duration of 2 years (renewable).
Oversee and lead the Brown Field Construction activities including shutdown preparation from pre-shutdown (SimOps) through to post shutdown (SimOps), ensuring compliance to the Qatargas policies, procedures, processes and SDMS gating requirements and adherence to all project brown field construction milestones. Lead the team responsible for preparing and supporting the safe implementation of all offshore brown field execution activities for the North Field Production Sustainability (NFPS) EPCOL project team. Coordinate with all stakeholders (Qatargas PMT, Qatargas Operations and EPC Contractor) and lead the integrated offshore brown field schedule. In all activities, ensure fit for purpose application of best practices, technology and appropriate strategies for safe and successful execution. Coordinate, conduct and/or participate in Formal Risk Assessments (FRA), project assurance and other reviews to ensure compliance with Qatargas Project Management System (QGPMS) standards and industry best practices. Champion the company’s Core values, Life Saving Rules and other safety initiatives
Job Context & Major Challenge(s):
Role is responsible for safe and effectively overseeing the delivery of the offshore and or onshore Brown Field Construction activities and execution workscopes in support of EPC contractor, including planning, preparation, construction and installation ensuring safety, quality, integrity and schedule commitments are met.
Major challenges for this role include (i) leading a multi-cultural team operating under significant time pressures without compromising on safety, quality and integrity, (ii) executing offshore Brown Field Construction safely and efficiently with a large number of contract staff, less familiar with QG safety, quality and work management standards (iii) maintaining strong interfaces between Company Operations, Logistics departments and Contractor teams to ensure alignment and issue resolution and (iv) ensuring a robust and well prepared offshore Brown Field Construction planning and execution to absolutely fit within Operations planned shutdown schedule.
Key Job Accountabilities:
- Demonstrate and promote the EPCOL’s projects core values of Safety, Quality, integrity and lead by example
- Support Project Management Team (PMT) in leading project Brown Field Construction execution activities, by providing guidance to the team, ensuring timely and effective directions are followed in all aspects of planning and executing the workload.
- Lead the team to ensure the safety, administrative and operational aspects of offshore Brown Field Construction are monitored and the performance targets are being met.
- Ensures overall compliance with Brown Field Construction Execution Plans, specifications, and procedures by promoting effective communication and team working together with best practice sharing to improve operational efficiencies.
- Lead key interfaces with continuous and regular communication with all stakeholders including but not limited to Operations, PMT and EPC Contractor.
- Lead the contractor performance through leadership and coaching to ensure teams understand the work processes, implementation and performance monitoring, resulting in the timely mobilisation of quality resources and effectiveness of site personnel.
- Contributes to project workshops related to Execution such as, Constructability, Complexity, Interfaces, FRA’s, HAZID, HAZOP, Lessons Learned (LL), etc., ensuring timely resolution to problems and challenges through best practices, industry standards and knowledge gained from personal experience.
- Implement effective interaction with Project Team, Qatargas departments and contractors to resolve issues and ensure execution is aligned with best practices in shutdown planning, preparation and reliability in line with approved schedule and costs.
- Highlight to Management attention, any signs of poor CONTRACTOR performance and take the lead for providing immediate corrective actions proposals. Ensure unsafe activities are challenged and reporting of poor and good safety behaviour is undertaken by CONTRACTOR team members
- Lead daily shutdown progress meetings on behalf of the Company.
Bachelors’ degree, technical qualifications and/or equivalent execution experience.
Knowledge and/or Experience:
15 years’ experience working within oil and gas industry in a Project Execution related environment with Brown Field experience of offshore and onshore projects, engineering, operations and having at least 10 years of extensive experience in offshore and onshore project execution and shutdowns in a supervisory role.
Technical and Business Skills:
Excellent spoken and written English skills.
Strong technical and problem-solving skills.
Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
Strong organisational, planning and prioritisation skills.
Strong leadership, coordination and interface skills.
Good negotiating and influencing skills.
Proficient in Microsoft Office.