Our client, a major company within the Oil and Gas Industry, is looking for an HES Technician to work on an initial 6-months assignment in Carlsbad, NM.
- Performs environmental compliance work under the direction of HES Environmental Supervisor and HES Manager. HES Technicians are responsible for conducting inspections and record keeping to verify that all equipment and processes meet Company and regulatory requirements and verify that employees are following requirements.
- Conducts IR camera surveys for compliance with NSPS OOOOa; records IR data as required by company's standards, and maintains IR equipment.
- Conducts AVO monitoring as required/requested for compliance with NSPS OOOOa .
- Completes onsite follow-up in response to IR camera flyover surveys.
- Conduct Method 22 and Method 9 monitoring as required for NSPS OOOOa and New Mexico air compliance.
- Conduct annual SPCC inspections including, measuring of berms and checks for location integrity. Works with operations personnel to implement necessary corrective actions.
- Populates and maintains relevant data base with results of surveys.
- Production of reports upon request from data base.
- Supports New Mexico 811 program as necessary for compliance
- Works with Field Leadership regarding environmental compliance requirements and coaches them on their specific responsibilities.
- Assists the HES Professional in gathering data to use in air permit development and compliance including onsite equipment inventory verification as deemed necessary.
- Collects soil samples for spill clean-up activities.
- Provides onsite environmental support during construction activities.
- Provides support to employees and Asset leadership in reporting of HES&S incidents in compliance with the Event Management Standard.
- Certified Optical Gas Imaging Thermographer
- Method 9 Visible Emission (VE) Certification is an asset
- Understanding of Health, Environment and Safety as it relates to the Oil and Gas Industry.
- Valid Driver's License
- High School Diploma or GED required.
- Availability to travel within assigned field areas