Safety and Health Manager - Nigeria
Key Skills: Safety, Health, Management, Coordination, SH,ISO 9001 standards; ISO 45001 and ISO 14001
Contract: This is a temporary position (Around 36 months)
Timeframe: Role has full sign off and budget, and interviews can be held within 2 weeks
Recruitment Partner: Airswift
Strategic Recruiters: Maria Sant'Anna
Coordinate, implement and promote the continuous improvement of activities inherent to the areas of Safety and Health, ensuring alignment and compliance with the Group's internal legal, regulatory and external requirements, promoting an Integrated and efficient Management System and respective Applicable certifications.
• Coordinate the implementation of the ME Group's Strategy through Policies or formal guidelines applicable within the Safety and Health area, in the various Markets and Projects;
• Coordinate the activities underlying the Safety and Health area and participate and / or promote coordination meetings.
• Promote and guarantee the safety and health of workers.
• Coordinate and carry out internal audits in the SH scope in the various markets and projects;
• Ensure the identification, assessment of applicable SH legal compliance and provide technical support to markets and projects;
• Ensure the centralization of the company's internal knowledge and implement digital platforms in order to preserve and ensure control of the respective knowledge;
• Support the representation of the company in the SHEQ scope, with the client or external entities whenever necessary;
• Support in the elaboration of the Activity Plan and respective budget of the area, with a view to ensuring the contribution to the Company's results and the observance of SHEQ procedures and standards;
• Support in the reporting of the activity of the area.
Degree in Civil Engineering or in Safety, Quality or Environment
- Previous experience in the SHEQ area
- Familiar with departmental management
- Domain of ISO 9001 standards; ISO 45001 and ISO 14001
- Training or experience in internal audit
- International experience in Construction Works
We are a multinational with more than 70 years of experience in operations focused on construction and infrastructure management in the segments of Engineering, Construction, Environment, Transport, Energy, and Mining. Present on three continents and in 25 countries, in three distinct geographical areas of Europe, Africa and Latin America, always upholding the same standards of rigor, quality and the capacity to execute sustaining our position on an international scale. We have partnered with Airswift to support us with our recruitment.
The next step
We have an exceptional team in place, and we are pleased to be able to appoint a further person to our growing business. We are aware that you may not ‘tick all the boxes’, but if you believe you can genuinely offer some valuable skills and experience to our business, please in the first instance contact our strategic recruiters with Airswift, Maria Sant’Anna.