Our client, a major company within the Oil and Gas Industry, is looking for a Health and Safety Advisor to work on a 3-months assignment in Fort Saskatchewan, AB.
- Assure the project is conducted in accordance with the following requirements: Provincial Occupational Health and Safety Act, Regulation and Code, Company's Corporate and contractor health and safety programs; Project specific safety plans and hazard assessments and Project specific scope, schedule and cost estimates;
- Review, demonstrate and provide leadership of the company's EHS Policy and Core Values
- Review and be aware of applicable occupational health and safety legislation and industry best practices.
- Review of contractor provided corporate safety programs, project safety plans, hazard assessments, emergency response plans (general and task specific), and other health and safety programs and guidance documents;
- Complete field visits and observations to monitor worker compliance with applicable occupational health and safety standards including legislative, company, site specific and task specific requirements.
- Support the company and contractors in the development, review and communication of risk and hazard assessments;
- Plan and facilitate health and safety audits and site inspections; assist with the development and implementation of corrective actions.
- Monitor completed health and safety audits and provide feedback to the company and contractors regarding the audit results and corrective actions.
- Facilitate and participate in emergency response table top exercises and drills, and emergency response table top and exercise debriefs; ensure that action items have been developed and implemented.
- Lead or participate in the investigation of serious incidents when requested and assist in the identification and implementation of corrective actions;
- Participate in daily, weekly and monthly contractor’s health and safety meetings.
- 5+ years of experience directly related to large-scale oil and gas projects in a health and safety function;
- Working understanding of applicable occupational health and safety legislation, standards, codes and best practices;
- Have completed a post-secondary education related to health and safety or enrollment in a post-secondary health and safety program