Our client, major LNG Operator in Qatar, is hiring for Head Vendor Quality Surveillance EPC2 to work for Multi-Billion LNG expansion project. This is a contract and residential role to be based initially in Qatar with possible relocation to EPC Site Office.
- The NFE Onshore EPC2 Head Vendor Quality Surveillance (HVQS) is responsible for planning, managing and implementing the overall Procurement Quality Surveillance Plan and provides oversight of Contractor’s Procurement Quality programs.
- The HVQS manages supplementary Vendor surveillance as designated by equipment criticality and procurement inspection levels during manufacturing of Equipment and Materials.
- Ensures compliance to Contract and Purchase Order requirements on behalf of COMPANY PMT.
Key Job Accountabilities:
- Coordinates 3rd Party Vendor Inspector activities at vendors/sub vendors
- Establishes a Procurement Quality Surveillance Plan for the project
- Represents COMPANY at all Vendor/Sub vendor Pre-Inspection & QAQC Meetings
- Assures compliance with the engineering requirements provided in the purchase order and specifications.
- Schedules and assures COMPANY attendance or participation in Vendor inspection and test activities per approved Inspection and Test Plans. Monitors, checks, endorses Inspection and Test Plans
- Monitors CONTRACTOR and VENDOR QAQC deficiency programs for effectiveness.
- Provides technical advice to PMT Engineering and Procurement on QAQC.
- Ensures accuracy, legibility and timely transmittal of QAQC reporting to Project Quality Leadership
- Participates in PO and documentation QA audits by CONTRACTOR.
- Maintains statistical QAQC records for the PO and advises adverse trends to Project Quality Leadership
- Ability to communicate QAQC matters with Managers, Engineers and Shop Floor
- The PQS must exhibit a high degree of computer literacy including office software
- The HVQS should be fluent in English (spoken and written) with an ability to communicate QAQC matters with Managers, Engineers and Inspectors.
- Collaborative attributes are essential across all levels of the organization with an ability to establish and maintain open and responsive relationships
- Applies extensive industry-based experience and knowledge to promote and establish existing systems, processes and procedures within a structured quality framework
- Manages the implementation of Quality solutions in a timely and cost-effective manner that compliments safety, cost and schedule expectations
- The HVQS must be capable of decision making and demonstrating a high level of integrity, judgement and responsibility within the scope of work boundaries
Required Experience / Qualifications:
- 15 years in project experience including vendor QAQC surveillance in LNG production or energy industry projects
- Preferred: Bachelor or Associates Engineering qualification or diploma in a mechanical or electrical discipline
Knowledge and/or Experience:
- Strong coordination skills, extensive quality experience in similar responsible roles on major oil & gas engineering & construction projects
- Experience in facilitating & coordinating efforts to resolve interface issues
- Experience with conducting audits & assessing process-driven quality systems
Technical and Business Skills:
- 15+ years of Quality Management related experience of major international projects in Oil & Gas projects in assignments of increasing responsibility, complexity and scope.
- Working within a structured Quality Management System essential.
- IRCA Audit Certification beneficial