A fantastic opportunity as Head of Procurement - Construction and Property is now available with one of Malaysia's leading property and construction firms in Malaysia.
About the Head of Procurement - Construction and Property Role
You are responsible for leading the Central Procurement efforts to efficiently and effectively enable spend owners such as Business Units / Projects to maximize the value they receive from suppliers to meet their objectives
You are to provide leadership and strategic direction to the Vendor Management team to ensure the tools for assessing vendor performance is at best market practice, maintain accurate vendor data information, monitor vendors and defining key performance indicators, facilitate and maintain vendor relationships between businesses and suppliers, creating vendor standards and finding the best available vendors.
You will also be required to plan, control and strategize the Company’s central store yard including the Company’s equipment & machinery to ensure that output, quality, costs & customer service satisfaction targets and standards are achieved.
- Lead Project Procurement Planning activities and prepare plan.
- Prequalify and develop suppliers, considering performance history.
- Interpret specifications and suggest alternate material and methods.
Purchasing & Procurement
- Prepare bidder lists, qualify bidders, prepare requests for quotation and conduct bid evaluations.
- Serve as the buyer on medium to large size projects or procurement of indirect goods and services, and act as a subject matter expert for a commodity or specialized subject area; independently handle all purchases on a small project or for indirect procurement initiatives.
- Complete purchasing research related to new sources and products; recommend source selections, plan, and lead purchase order negotiations.
- Responsible for purchasing materials, services, and equipment at competitive prices; using established Purchasing policies, procedures, systems, and tools.
- Prepare, issue, and administer purchase orders, ensuring compliance with contractual terms and applicable regulations; process and verify invoices; ensure supplier performance and compliance in a cost-effective and timely manner; maintain purchase order and purchasing process documentation.
- Identify and advise management of purchase order-related risks; identify and troubleshoot purchase order-related problem areas.
- Obtain necessary reviews and approvals of bidder exceptions, bid evaluations, recommendations, purchase orders and change orders prior to execution.
- Perform relief duties and responsibilities for other purchasing personnel as required.
Communication is vital in this role and you are required to meet regularly with with the Senior Managers and Managers of Procurement to identify or ascertain problems or challenges. You are to coordinate with Project Directors and Head of Projects and project team personnel in regarding purchasing activities. You should efficiently contribute to reaching department’s objectives and company goals. Finally, be able to communicate with suppliers, project teams, clients, and others to organize and motivate achievement.
- Bachelor’s degree in Construction Management, Supply Chain Management or related field or equivalent work experience preferred.
- At least ten (10) years of previous procurement, business supervisory and/or construction related experience with responsibilities for inventory control and buying required.
- Experience in the construction contractor environment is required.
- Self-motivated and diligent in the performance of duties
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite - Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, and Visio preferred; working knowledge of SharePoint preferred.
This role is managed by Ashley Mathew and his email is firstname.lastname@example.org If you meet the above criterias and are willing to explore this role please apply here.
The role is open to Malaysians with relevant work requirements. Due to the high volume of applications, only shortlisted candidates will be notified.