Our client, major LNG Operator in Qatar, is hiring for Head of Pipeline Engineering to work for major offshore project (Offshore Brownfield & Greenfield scope). This is a contract and residential role to be based in Qatar with initial contract duration of 2 years (renewable).
Direct all pipeline engineering deliverables, ensuring the project requirements are fully executed by the EPCI contractors demonstrating high quality and as per project schedule. Monitor pipeline engineering and design aspects of the project with other discipline leads on the Project Management Team (PMT) as necessary.
Reporting and Relationships:
Reports to Offshore Engineering Manager.
Regular interaction NFXP Offshore Topside & STP, NFXP Offshore Pipeline Management team, NFXP Offshore team, Major Projects Technical team and other Major Project teams.
Frequent contact with other departments within Qatargas.
Regular interface with contractors, subcontractors, vendors and suppliers.
Job Context & Major Challenge(s):
Provide extensive knowledge and understanding on the requirements of Pre-FEED, FEED, detailed design and EPCI, communicating and efficiently translating Company requirements and data into an efficient delivery from the contractor. Collaborate across disciplines (including Structural, Electrical, Mechanical, Instrumentation, Pipeline, Umbilicals, HSES and Risk), and monitor the progress and delivery of the pipeline engineering sections of the workscope.
Key Job Accountabilities:
- Conduct all activities in a safe and efficient manner in accordance with Company policies and procedures, ensuring the welfare of personnel and the protection of assets and the environment at all times.
- Lead and provide expert guidance and technical support to the Pipeline Engineering Section during Pre-FEED, FEED and EPCI phase of the project ensuring relevant work scope is completed in compliance with project objectives, cost and schedule. Review and approve Pipeline Pre-FEED, FEED and detailed design documents and deliverables.
- Provide guidance and input into FEED and EPCI contractors’ strategies, plans and procedures for Pipelines to ensure compliance with project objectives, monitoring performance, identifying potential technical problems and initiating appropriate corrective actions, advising Management in a timely manner where issues are unable to be resolved and may impact the project delivery.
- Develop and manage the Pipeline Design Document Review Matrix.
- Manage implementation of project risk assessment activities for Pipeline Engineering including What-Ifs, HAZOPs, Design Reviews etc.
- Manage effective communication on all project Pipeline Engineering issues, providing relevant data (narrative, charts, graphs, etc.) to ensure project milestones are met.
- Review and approve specified contractor purchase order and subcontract packages for pipelines as required.
- Ensures the Management of Change Process for Pipelines, including the processing of technical queries and approval of supplier concession requests, is managed to support project deliverables.
- Monitor the various aspects of material acquisition including requisitioning, fabrication, coating testing and transportation of pipeline materials to ensure company standards are met.
- Participate in review teams and support post-audit activities and is responsible for capturing and communicating engineering and design lessons learned.
Bachelor Degree in Engineering or equivalent.
Knowledge and/or Experience
12+ years experience of general design and pipeline operations with prior experience in coordinating the design and execution of major pipeline projects in a similar environment. Extensive knowledge of offshore pipeline design concepts, construction practices, welding qualifications and materials and the fabrication process of specialist steels and pipes together with a broad understanding of applicable design codes and standards.
Technical and Business Skills
Excellent written and oral English skills.
Strong organisational, planning and coordination skills.
Strong technical and prioritisation skills.
Good supervisory and team working skills.
Good communication, influencing and interface skills.
Computer literacy involving the regular use of professional office andtechnical applications.