Our client, major LNG Operator in Qatar, is hiring for Head of Mechanical to work for major Onshore/offshore project (Brownfield & Greenfield scope). This is a contract and residential role to be based in Qatar with initial contract duration of 2 years (renewable).
Responsible for coordinating all aspects of Mechanical and Piping & Layout design, equipment, technical and execution definition, including planning for detailed design, procurement, installation, testing and commissioning. Ensures technical requirements (e.g. project specifications, data sheets, etc.) developed during FEED fully comply with project deliverables and through effective collaborations and interfaces with contractor and/or SHS to ensure the mechanical & piping & layout scope of supply is fully integrated and optimised.
Reporting and Relationships:
Reports to Engineering Manager North Field Production & Sustainability (NFPS) Compression FEED.
Direct reports: 7 (Total Headcount 7).
Regular interface and collaboration with Engineering Manager, Senior Engineering Advisor, Construction Execution Manager, Operation Advisors, Head of Process, and Head of System in NFPS Compression organisation.
Frequent contact with Operations, SHEQ, Supply and Engineering departments.
Continuous interaction with FEED Contractor, associated vendors and engineering subcontractors.
Occasional engagement with shareholder representatives.
Job Context & Major Challenge(s)
Implements the delivery of mechanical equipment and Piping & Layout design, through completing risk based evaluation of complex technical issues, ensuring Compression Project deliverables are compliant with project requirements while meeting required Company quality expectations. Coordinates the delivery (content and timing) of mechanical systems in accordance with project requirements from Compression FEED Contractor.
Key Job Accountabilities:
- Provides mechanical and Piping & Layout engineering knowledge, design, quality assurance and expertise while overseeing the mechanical, piping & layout aspect of the Compression Project contract ensuring project deliverables and schedule are met.
- Directs the preparation and stewardship of mechanical and Piping & layout engineering scope of work, advises and recommends design procedures, processes deliverables and alternative studies, as required, to optimise project cost and schedule.
- Accountable for ensuring execution of work is technically aligned and in compliance with Company Operations, Policies, Standards of Business Conduct and Company Project Management System (QGPMS).
- Manages 3rd party’s engineering Contractor's mechanical. Piping & layout engineering activities including validation of personnel numbers, qualifications and experience; usage of appropriate design tools, including computer hardware and software; adherence with all project objectives, requirements, specifications, standards, procedures, execution plans and design verification processes.
- Manages Compression on-going multiple tendering activities to ensure timely EPC(s) award(s).
- Responsible to develop Qatari engineer(s) under COMPANY assigned NDP program
- Assesses and validates contractor capability in providing all contract documents, progress measurement and reporting and recommends additional technical support to address gaps.
- Manages the technical attachments and scope descriptions to all mechanical engineering contracts and the timely delivery to all purchase orders.
- Responsible for the mechanical, piping & layout engineering schedule and related milestones, provides data (narrative, charts, graphs, change management recommendations and recovery plans to address any schedule delays) for monthly progress and stewardship reporting.
- Accountable for knowledge of and sharing previous lessons learned, capturing and communicating current lessons learned to support review teams and future projects.
- Develop, review and amend various policies and procedures to ensure that all mechanical, piping & layout engineering references are up to date and relevant.
Bachelor Degree in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent.
Knowledge and/or Experience:
Minimum 15 years’ Engineering experience on similar position with a broad knowledge of engineering execution including design standards, specifications, codes, safety criteria, offshore facilities design, construction and operations.
Technical and Business Skills:
- Excellent written and oral English skills.
- Strong organisational, planning and coordination skills.
- Strong technical, prioritisation and management skills.
- Good communication, influencing and interface skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite of software programs, Lotus Notes, etc.