Head of M&A
Location: Kuala Lumpur
Assignment Duration: Permanent
Work Schedule: Monday - Friday
Salary / Package: Monthly salary in MYR
A senior leader to spearhead the Company’s investing and portfolio management with demonstrable VC and M&A experience in the clean energy space.
The candidate will provide robust investment criteria, guidance and frameworks across Hydrogen, Renewables and Green Mobility to help BU Heads maximize returns from their portfolio companies. The candidate must also guide the direction of the Company’s overall investment strategy in line with its wider ambitions and play the role of an expert advisor to BUs.
- Develop and refine Company’s investment mandate based on its key strategy goals
- Lead the Company’s overall investment activity and develop clear roadmaps, from deal origination to successful exits/returns
- Source proprietary investment opportunities and build a strong pipeline across business lines in conjunction with the three business teams
- Perform due diligence, establish an investment case, terms for investment opportunities based on mandate and market trends, etc.
- Validate funding capacity and lead recommended allocation of funding across the BUs at the IC
- Actively manage Company’s portfolio -portfolio companies’ market, operations, financial health, management, equity needs and capital structure, etc.
- Support portfolio companies to achieve desired returns and strategic objectives by monitoring performance and ensuring they receive the agreed non-financial support
External Stakeholder Management and Partnerships
- Develop external networks (start-ups, VC funds, etc.) to source deals, build investment syndicates and gather market intelligence
Investment and Portfolio Management Expertise
- Deep knowledge of the clean energy investment landscape
- Strong understanding in analyzing, structuring and closing VC/ M&A deals, including expertise in PE/VC, investment banking
- Strong capabilities in market due diligence and providing financially sound advice backed by analytics
- Strong portfolio management expertise in overseeing, evaluating and actively reoptimizing Company’s portfolio in response to market and strategy changes
- Experience in managing the value creation process across BUs and portfolio companies
- Foresight in developing long-term strategic plans for investment portfolios
- Strong leadership, management, negotiation and communication skills
- Strategic and visionary mindset with the capability to deliver a convincing elevator pitch and influence key decisions makers
- Demonstrated record of relationship building with internal and external stakeholders
- 15 – 20 years of working experience
- Minimum Bachelor’s Degree in relevant field