An amazing opportunity as Head of Legal is now available with one of Malaysia's leading property and construction firms in Malaysia.
About the Head of Legal Role
To advise and represent the Company in all legal matters and to ensure adherence to the law to protect the interest of the Company and to mitigate risks for the Company.
- Appropriately advise the Company in a timely and comprehensive manner to protect the interest of the Company; to represents the company in all legal cases
- Ensure compliance to all legal and mandatory requirements in relation to litigation matters; to represents the company in all litigation cases
- Appraise the upstream contract obligation and mitigate risks through matching obligations with downstream contracts
- Handles all cases filed by or against the company
Drafting contracts and agreement
- Review legal contracts and agreements involving the organization
- Provides legal opinion on legal content of contracts before formalization to ensure their legal validity
- Handles arbitrations and other legal matters
- Responds to legal notices
- Provides legal opinion on issues brought to reference by any department and any legal issues related to company
- Interacts with internal and external clients, co-ordinates with management on Company policies, and maintain the Group conscience
- Ensures compliance with provisions of various laws governing and impacting the organization, including Insurance Laws, Laws of Contract, Property Laws, Consumer Laws, Intellectual Property Rights, etc.
- Acts as a nodal point between the company and regulatory bodies
- Reviews and undertakes modifications in existing policies, and procedures to ensure compliance with legal framework
- Ensures that the organization complies with applicable Acts, Rules & Regulations
- Scrutinizes various compliance policies
- Manages compliance review from a regulatory compliance risk, reputational risk, financial risk, and operational risk perspective in strengthening the regulatory compliance framework within the organization.
- To perform other duties as assigned from time to time
- Candidate must possess a recognized bachelor’s Degree in Law
- At least 10 years of working experience in the relevant field
- Familiarity with legal and regulatory framework for construction industry in particular the Malaysia market will be an advantage
- Demonstrate an unyielding personal integrity
- Good communication and presentation skills
- Diligent in the performance of duties
- Self-motivated and able to work independently
- Good communication skills both written and verbal
This role is managed by Ashley Mathew and his email is email@example.com If you meet the above criteria's and are willing to explore this role please apply here.
The role is open to Malaysians with relevant work requirements. Due to the high volume of applications, only shortlisted candidates will be notified.