Head of Geographic Information Systems GIS (m/f/d)
Key Skills: GIS & Team Management
Location: Würzburg, Bavaria, Germany
Contract: This is a permanent position.
Salary / Package: Negotiable - around €100k basic, plus full package is typical for this type of role.
Timeframe: Role has full sign off and budget, and interviews can be held within 2 weeks
Recruitment Partner: Airswift Account Manager: Amy Spink
Key words: Geographic Information System, Digital Imagery, Topography, Earth Observation, Land Survey, Remediation, Geodata, Geotechnical Engineering, Environmental Geography, Geoanalyst, Geovisulusation.
We were selected as the central service provider for the overall SuedLink Project. As part of this infrastructure project, the world's largest underground power cable is planned, designed, and built. The direct current line will cover a distance of 700 km and will connect offshore wind farms in the north and solar parks in the south of Germany in order to ensure a stable power supply in the future. This represents a milestone in the German energy transition. The unique project offers exciting challenges and extraordinary development opportunities.
- Development and provision of the GIS strategy for the project
- Provision of best-practice GIS solutions and development of the functional requirements of the GIS
- Coordination, administration, and management of the GIS team within the project
- Coordination of spatial analyzes as well as the creation of maps and figures to determine environmental pollution and to support environmental impact assessments
- Use of technologies for data acquisition, analysis, visualization, and advanced spatial analysis
- Creation of budgets and project plans and the provision of training, coaching, and mentoring for young GIS professionals
- Management of task budgets and related advertising, close cooperation with program management, technical teams as well as with the customer team and external regional planning offices
Critical Skills & Personal Attributes:
- At least 10 years of experience in GIS applications
- At least 5 years of experience in team coordination and management
- Experience in coordinating and leading teams as well as in coaching and mentoring
- Experience with ProVI, Vertigis or Geocortex is an advantage
- Business fluent German language skills, spoken and written, and good written and spoken English knowledge
- Knowledge and understanding of data security requirements
The next step
We have an exceptional team in place, and we are pleased to be able to appoint a further person to our growing business. We are aware that you may not ‘tick all the boxes’, but if you believe you can genuinely offer some valuable skills and experience to our business, please in the first instance contact our recruitment partner Airswift, and the account manager Amy Spink.