Our client, major LNG Operator in Qatar, is hiring for Head of Construction LNG Tanks EPC-3 to work for Multi-Billion LNG expansion project. This is a contract and residential role to be based initially in Ras Laffan, Qatar
Associated product Rundown Lines, RLTO expansion, MEG storage and transfer facilities expansion and NSS FOC installation.
To review procedures, method statements, JSA’s, work practices for execution of NFE Onshore Project Early Site Work (ESW) Construction activities. Provides leadership and Oversight for execution activities for ESW.
Job Context & Major Challenge(s)
The Construction LNG Tanks Head will be responsible for the NFE Onshore Project LNG Tank activities. He will cover reporting, reviewing of technical documentation and manage Contractor’s execution activities at site, in terms of LNG Tank Scope of work.
Key Job Accountabilities
- Responsible for the review of all technical documentation, including method statements, JSA’s, work methods as well as regular reporting.
- Provides safety leadership by example to ESW Contractor and actively participates in SHES management program including daily toolbox talk (TBT), task instruction (TI) and awareness campaigns.
- Monitoring and coordinating site activities of the ESW Contractor and its subcontractor(s) in his area of responsibility, in support of the NFE Onshore Project Site Manager.
- Reports on the construction activities, progress, areas of concern and mitigating actions. Participates in construction discipline, review meetings.
- Will monitor compliance to RLIC permit to work requirements (CPW) and act as Operating Authority within the system.
- Provides accurate, timely and routine reports to the NFE Onshore Project Site Manager.
- Ensures ESW Contractor’s construction activities is completed in accordance with NFE Onshore Project procedures, regulations, specifications, standards, and permit to work procedures as applicable, including relevant RLIC procedures.
- Monitors and ensures the correction of non-conformance report items and other issues supporting QA/QC compliance.
- Monitors site material handling, soil movement, soil disposal and warehousing procedures with respect to his area to facilitate construction progress.
Utilizes a systematic approach to problem solving that ensures accuracy, timeliness, and quality of documentation in resolution.
Manages complex tasks to completion within time constrains of Project, with minimal guidance from more experienced staff.
Manages the resolution of problems in more demanding and less familiar situations using precedent and own acquired knowledge.
Decision Making Authority and Responsibility:
Makes decisions and solves problems related to a specific discipline/field.
Establishes credibility with peers, sub-ordinates and supervisors.
Exercises judgment in making decisions; knows when to seek advice. Understands organizational authority and seeks appropriate line management approvals.
Knowledge Skills and Experience:
- 10+ years’ relevant experience with LNG Tanks and their execution.
- Strong understanding of the execution sequence of LNG Tanks
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (written and verbal).
- Strong teamwork, facilitation, with the ability to communicate and interact at all levels of the organization.
- Ability to work with diverse cultures to obtain world-class performance.
- Knowledge of Industry standards, specifications & requirements in particular QG and RLIC.
- Middle East region experience preferred, with recent experience (last 5 years) on Qatargas Projects and working in Ras Laffan Industrial City