Airswift has been tasked by one of our major Downstream clients to seek a Health & Safety Liason to work in their facilities located in Martinez, California on a 10-months contract.
Day to day responsibilities:
- Develop Turnaround Safety Plans for each specific event
- Develop ventilation plans for specific equipment
- Provide support and direction for Turnaround Team members on field health and safety issues
- Active member of the Turnaround to ensure development and implementation of associated H&S Plan(s)
- Lead the development of pre-turnaround safety orientation programs
- Work with the Turnaround Team, Operations, and H&S to facilitate safe and healthy execution of all turnaround and major projects activities
- Work with other Turnaround Team members to identify cost-effective solutions to doing work, while maintaining safety at the highest priority
- Support onboarding contractors to understand the HSSE requirements for the site and event
- Provide recommendations for appropriate personal protective equipment and ensure the proper use of personal protective equipment for all turnaround
- Lead, conduct or coordinated safety meetings, safety stand downs, tailgate meetings, etc.
- Provide field support, technical assistance and H&S Plan oversight during the turnaround or project
- Work with Operations and the Turnaround Team to prepare permitting (e.g., Safe Work Permit, Hot work, Permit Required Confined Space Entry, Excavation, etc.). Cosign permits
- Organize audit teams and determine areas to audit during the turnaround
- Audit safety performance and field activities of employees and contractors to ensure safety plans are followed and trends are identified and addressed
Previous education & experience required:
- 5 - 10 years of experience in Oil Refinery Turnaround planning and execution as a safety lead
- Knowledge of OSHA and related regulations
- Proficiency with MS Office products
- Knowledge of Maintenance practices, and good mechanical aptitude
Should you be interested in this exciting opportunity with a major Downstream company please apply to this advert with your up-to-date resume. Please note that there is no per diem or relocation provided.