Airswift has partnered with Siemens Gamesa to recruit the Head of Grid Connection Engineering for APAC within their growing Grid Connection Team. The Head of Grid Connection Engineering will lead the Grid Connection Engineering Team across Australia & New Zealand. The role and the team will be based in Melbourne however the plan for this position is to be a strategic leader for Grid Connection Engineering throughout APAC so there is lots of career development potential. This is a critical role in the growth and development of Siemens Gamesa’s Grid Connection Engineering capability in Australia & New Zealand.
Siemens Gamesa is a global leader in the supply of wind power solutions to their customers which are based on every continent. A pivotal player and innovative pioneer in the renewable energy sector, Siemens Gamesa have installed over 105 GW in 75 countries. Locally in Australia and New Zealand, Siemens Gamesa have several major wind farms which are either operational, in construction or heading into construction in 2021. The most notable being the 1200MW Forest Wind Project based in Queensland.
- The Head of Grid Connection Engineering will be the disciplinary and technical lead for the Grid Connection Engineering Team in Australia & New Zealand and the main point of contact for the Technology department in Australia.
- Detailed assessment of the progress of projects and will ensure that all grid related deliverables are met for Australia & New Zealand.
- Interface management and strategic discussion with internal stakeholders. This includes Sales, Projects etc.
- Management of the team which comprises of a Team Leader, Grid Connection Engineer (Project Management) and Modelling & Simulations Engineers.
- Develop and maintain the Grid Connection strategy for Australia and New Zealand.
- Represent Siemens Gamesa in technical forums with TSOs (including AEMO) and TSNPs.
- Monitoring the grid codes in Australia & New Zealand and ensuring they are continually updated.
- Point of contact for customers in relation to technical issues or discussions.
- Provide input during negotiation with customers whilst bringing on new projects.
- Technical direction to the team and on-the-job training to the Grid Engineers.
- Minimum 7 years of hands-on work experience in grid connection management and modelling
- Strong knowledge of the challenges of grid integration in the Australian renewable energy market
- Strong knowledge of AEMO guidelines
- Experience in managing large teams
- Experience interfacing and liaising with the NER and AEMO
- Experience in dealing with TNSPs and DNSPs across Australia
- Previous experience working with wind and solar renewable energy systems
- Knowledge and ideally experience working with battery energy storage systems
- Experience with modelling software such as PSSE & PSCAD
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills in order to be able to clearly communicate actions and desired outcomes to the team
- Ability to work independently with a strong sense of initiative
- Ability to confidently and comfortably present technical solutions to key customers and respond in a timely manner to technical concerns and provide knowledgeable and articulate answers to the customer’s questions
- Knowledge of SCADA and electrical BoP would be beneficial
- MSc or PhD Degree in Electrical Engineering degree or related degree
What’s on offer
- An opportunity to join a global brand that leads the way with onshore and offshore renewable energy technology
- Exciting learning and development opportunities along with on the job training, international exchange and career development opportunities
- Siemens Gamesa values your commitment to our business and is proud to support initiatives to better balance your family and work life. these include options to purchase additional annual leave and flexibility to support your busy life
- Flexible working arrangements
- Career development opportunities on a local and international level
- A workplace that embraces diversity & inclusion
- Generous remuneration package
Please apply if you hold the above qualifications and experience. Due to the high volume of applications, unfortunately only successful candidates will be contacted.