Airswift is an international workforce solutions provider within the energy, process and infrastructure industries. Airswift serves as a strategic partner to our clients, offering a turnkey workforce solution to capture and deliver the top talent needed to complete successful projects by aligning with the unique needs of our clients. With over 800 employees and 6,000 contractors operating in over 50 countries, our geographical reach and pool of talent available is unmatched in the industry and the level of experience, exposure, and expertise that the organization has is unparalleled.
Our client is a publicly funded company that is operated by the State of Alaska. In which the mission is to encourage economic growth and diversification in Alaska. Our client is currently seeking a Grant Writer;
- Researches and identifies grants that match the needs of the Authority.
- Prepares high-quality grant proposals, narratives, and supporting documents; conducts the final review to ensure the requirements and guidelines of the funding agencies are met; and ensures the timely submission of the grant applications.
- Maintains accurate records of grant opportunities, deadlines, and proposals.
- Serves as a liaison between the funding agencies and the Authority.
- Responds to funder questions.
- Develops and maintains grant schedules; tracks grants and stays on current issues relative to grant proposals; and follows-up on the progress of submitted proposals.
- Develops and maintains an up to date grants procedure manual.
- Other duties as assigned
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit; use hands or fingers; handle or feel; talk and hear. The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus.
- Requires advanced skills in word processing, database software, presentation software, and spreadsheets. Requires basic skills with email and general office equipment.
- Extensive knowledge of grant narrative and budget development strategies and methods
- Considerable knowledge of government and private funding sources and submittal processes
- Exceptional skills in verbal and written communication including technical and creative writing
- Very strong planning and organizational skills
- Extensive computer skills including word processing, spreadsheets, management of large documents, and internet research
- Ability to work under pressure and timelines, with attention to detail, while successfully completing multiple projects.
- Ability to interpret complex instructions and write complete, professional and fundable proposals
- Ability to work collaboratively with program stakeholders
- This position requires a Bachelor’s degree in English, Marketing, Communication, or a related field and 3-5 years of grant writing experience with grant budget development and management with previous federal grant application, submission, approvals and management of funds.