Our client, a midstream company, is seeking a GIS Analyst II to work in Houston, TX
This person will work within the Compliance Analysis group and will be responsible for interpreting and maintaining the compliance data within the GIS (ESRI / PODS) environment. The compliance data includes, but is not limited to, class location changes, high consequence areas, moderate consequence areas and maximum allowable operating pressures.
- Perform a range of technical and support functions relating to the day-to-day compliance maintenance of the GIS which requires knowledge and understanding of spatial data principles, map projections, digital data repositories and PHMSA / CER federal regulations regarding class locations, HCAs and MAOPs.
- Responsible for preparing, executing, reviewing and completing annual HCA, MCA and Class Location Programs and support state and federal mandated data submissions and reporting processes.
- Create, update and maintain procedural and workflow documentation for Compliance Analysis group.
- Participate in and help define business process improvement efforts as they relate to the development of GIS Compliance applications and services.
- In-depth knowledge of PHMSA and NEB Federal Regulations, specifically Class Location and HCA Regulations pertaining to Natural Gas Pipeline Systems.
- Knowledge of Natural Gas and GIS Industry. Pipeline industry experience with an understanding of the ESRI/PODS data model is a plus.
- Knowledge of general maps, pipeline schematics, aerial photography and satellite imagery
- Apply strong conceptual and practical understanding of compliance data standards, data integration, spatial analysis, GIS software development and quality assurance procedures.