Airswift has been tasked by one of our major Oil and Gas clients to seek a Geotechnical Engineer to work in their facilities located in London under a permanent contract
Previous education & experience required:
Our client is currently looking for a Senior Geotechnical Engineer to join the renewables team in London. Candidates must have experience with offshore structures and at this time we are only considering candidates from the offshore sector. Ideally our client is looking for candidates who are interested in leading teams and managing workloads.
Candidates must have:
- Familiarity with site investigation and interpretation of geotechnical data and derivation of soil design parameters for a range of offshore foundations (e.g. piles, shallow foundations)
- Pile design including derivation of ultimate bearing capacity and mathematical modelling representing pile load/deflection response.
- Pile driveability analysis, including derivation of soil resistance to driving and application of wave equation analysis.
- Shallow foundation design
- Knowledge of Mono pile, suction caisson and gravity base structures not essential but advantageous
- Installation aspects of offshore foundation design
- Software: PLAXIS, GRLWEAP, SPLICE, APILE, LPILE
- The ability to interact effectively with the members of the team.
Should you be interested in this exciting opportunity with a global oil and gas company please apply to this advert with your up to date resume. Please note that there is no per diem or relocation provided.