Our client, a major Oil & Gas Operator with an existing Australian portfolio, require a Geospatial Technician to join their team for a Brisbane based position , for an initial 12 month contract role
- To acquire, process, analyze GeoInformation, and manage Geo-Information services that are inclusive of mapping, spatial analysis and Geo-Information management to a range of customers in project and asset teams
- To develop workflows and work with the Geomatics team to identify, create, locate and utilize GeoInformation.
- To utilize Geographic Information Systems (GIS) applications and tools for data integration, spatial analysis and visualization of GeoInformation.
- Responsibilities include providing specialist application, workflow and data integrity support to project and asset teams across the company and management of the core corporate geospatial database.
- Provide optimum Geo-Information management services for project teams and corporate Geo-Information data
- Provide mapping and Geo-Information data management and analysis support for project activities including GIS coaching to project team members and technical support colleagues.
- Understand, promote and apply Mapping standards.
- Utilise corporate Geo-Information datasets and licensed 3rd party data, ensure new data meets data quality standards and demonstrable business value.
- Provide Geo-Information management services for the corporate stores. This includes data loading and conditioning, metadata population and final publishing via the agreed delivery mechanisms.
- Promote use of Geo-Information and spatial analysis techniques within project teams. Linking these services to customer requirements/problems with the objective of improving the business benefits and value of these data sources to our customers
- Participate in HSSE-focused activities as requested, and provide data, workflows and map products intended to be used in HSSE-critical activities.
- To contribute toward developing knowledge/information and data management systems to support future activities of Geo-Information users.
- Promote new technologies, data and data delivery systems and services that would benefit customers and Geomatics.
- Ensure Geo-information contained in project and company-wide data stores is high quality, accurate, current and attributed with proper metadata, published to the proper data stores and geodetically sound.
- Identify, create, and improve workflows dealing with Geo-Information data exchanges with external software applications. To create scripts, tools, or models where appropriate to enhance the data flow and analysis.
Skills & Experience:
Degree in a directly-related Geo-Information Science or related geoscience technical discipline.
- Two (2) to four (4) years of relevant Geomatics (mapping/cartography, Geo-Information Management) experience
- Experience in the use of ESRI Desktop, Server GIS applications, SQL, FME, spatial programming would be advantageous.
- Experience working with engineering, environment or cultural heritage data would be advantageous.
Only candidates with the right to work in Australia will be considered.
To apply simply press the ‘Apply’ button. Due to the large number of applicants, only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
For a Confidential discussion please call Han on +61 8 6146 4343