Airswift has been tasked by one of our major Oil and Gas clients to seek a Geophysicist to join their team located in Baytown. TX for a 1 Year contract with possibility of extension on a mon-fri basis.
Seeking qualified and experienced individuals to provide reservoir modeling expertise for Oil & Gas projects. The candidates will be responsible for working with multi-discipline teams to build and review 3D geocellular models for reservoir characterization and simulation to support field development planning, mature field opportunity generation, regulatory requirements, and strategic projects.
Day to day responsibilities:
- KEY: Willingness and ability to construct & QC 3D geocellular models for oil & gas fields with diverse depositional environments
- Integrate seismic data, petrophysical data, stratigraphic concepts, and production data into robust geologic models.
- Conduct updates to existing models, develop/maintain workflows, volumetrics, and calibration to dynamic data
- Coordinate multidisciplinary teams to align model objectives, timeline, concepts, inputs and deliverables with business needs
- Manage and lead the model QA/QC and review process from model design through simulation initialization
- Partner with reservoir simulation engineers to ensure geomodels align with simulation priorities
- Incorporate concepts of subsurface uncertainty into model design and scenario-building for opportunity screening, uncertainty analysis and development plan optimization.
- Communicate and present model methodology, results, and recommendations with multi-discipline team, management line, and partners.
- Bachelor’s degree in Geology required; Advanced Degrees (Master’s / PhD) also welcome
- A minimum of 5 years of experience in hands-on industry experience in reservoir modeling in support of upstream oil and gas operations
- Expert-level Petrel user, including use of pillar gridding, facies modeling, petrophysical modeling, and workflows
- Strong computational and analytical skills; industry experience working integrated reservoir modeling projects
- Strong background in one or more geoscience skills (production/development geology, geophysics, stratigraphy)
- Seismic interpretation
- Seismic conditioning of model properties
- Uncertainty Analysis
- Simulation experience
Should you be interested in this exciting opportunity with a global oil and gas company please apply to this advert with your up-to-date resume.