Our client is seeking a Geomatics (GIS) Specialist to work in Paris for a 12-month contract.
The role focuses primarily on Geomatics, especially GIS, topography and positioning, and secondarily on hydrography and surveying.
- Organize, manage and archive GIS data following standard nomenclature and directory structure
- Ensure acquisition, quality control and geo referencing of geographical data (topography, bathymetry, geology, geomorphology, satellite/aerial imagery…)
- Ensure integration of any relevant data on GIS, processing and analysis using geoprocessing tools (DTM generation, longitudinal profiles for flow assurance study, cartography of no-go areas, etc…)
- Analyze development feasibility of an Oil & Gas or an Offshore Wind Farm project by:
- Integrating environmental/ societal, geophysical/geological, bathymetrical/ topographical and technical constraints of an area
- Defining infrastructure layouts and pipelines/cables routings for future development
- Producing various thematic charts
- Coordinating with geophysical, geotechnical and metocean specialists to produce the most up-to-date layouts/routings and assessment documentation
- Oil and Gas industry experience
- Software knowledge: Arcgis and/or Autocad