(Corporate Strategy & Management)
A new opportunity has come up with our trusted client, a Malaysian business consultancy company located in Kuala Lumpur.
They are a Malaysian business consultancy located in Kuala Lumpur.
A role of General Manager is currently available and the successful candidate would be overseeing two main areas of work, as mentioned below.
Strategy and Management
- Oversee daily operations of the business unit organization
- Ensure the creation and implementation of a strategy designed to grow the business
- Coordinate the development of key performance goals for functions and direct reports
- Responsible in achieving company performance targets
- Ensure the development and maintain the Company business model by the Board
- Implementing the budget and long term goals established by the Board
- Overseeing the Company day-to-day operations
- Engage in key targeted customer activities
- Oversee key hiring and talent development programs
With respect to the Board, the responsibilities are as follows:
- The GM serves as the conduit between the Board and the management in ensuring that the financial management practice is performed at the highest level of integrity and transparency and that the business and affairs are carried out in an ethical manner and in compliance with the relevant laws and regulations.
- Always in consultation with the Board and the company secretary, setting the agenda for Board meetings and ensuring all relevant issues are on the agenda.
- Ensuring the Board members receive complete and accurate information in a timely manner.
- Managing the interface between THE Board and Management
- Ensure that the Board and its committees receive sufficient information and reports to enable them to maintain effective oversight of the Company activities
- Reorganize the safety department to bring it up to the current market standards
- Ensuring time, cost, quality and safety standards are constantly monitored and assessed.
- Coordinating between various stakeholders, sub-contractors, consultants and other strategic relationships
- Strong safety related government agency relationship management
The skills and experience required
- The ideal candidate comes from a management consulting background
A background in corporate strategy
10 years+ related work experience
GLC experience and stakeholder management greatly valued
Reliable references from employers would be an added advantage
MUST speak and write Bahasa Malaysia. Role open ONLY to Malaysians
The culture and benefits
Basic salary of up to RM15,000 + allowances. Once completed, it would be a fantastic opportunity to be included on your resume. Career opportunities within same company open to successful candidates
This role is managed by Ashley Mathew and only shortlisted candidates would be contacted. Apply to this add to receive confidential advice on this specific role!