Our client a major energy consortium partnering with numerous large-scale operations to deliver projects and maintain a level of operability requires a Project Management Specialist to join their Perth based team to act as a senior company representative and oversee the partnership as a non-operated Joint Venture Partner.
This role will work closely with the Operator and other project partners and will be instrumental in maintaining positive, constructive relationships with all project partners whilst ensuring the company is fully informed of the project’s progress and any changes to the planned execution timeline.
This role will also be accountable for providing regular reports and updates to headquarters and partners to ensure a “no-surprises” culture. Internally, the role will work closely with the various departments within the company, including Technical, Commercial and Finance to ensure timely sharing of information and to enable the company to positively influence the Operator across all disciplines.
- Lead a small multi-disciplined team to monitor the execute (cost/ schedule/ project decisions) phase of the JV Partner’s project
- Interrogate proposed project variations to ensure robust project decisions.
- Recommend, direct and support company in developing its company position and represent agreed Company position with key external stakeholders
- Prepare and present various reports on the project risks, cost and delivery model performance to key stakeholders including senior leadership teams
- Manage internal processes to support timely joint venture decisions
- Actively collaborate within the company to understand possible implications for the their JV Partners’ Project from other project actions
- Develop and nurture stakeholder relationships with both internal stakeholders and co-venturers
- Build strong relationships with all partners to ensure effective information sharing
- Maintain strong internal stakeholder relationships to enable timely business decisions
Required Skills/ Experience:
- Relevant technical degree
- A minimum of 15 years’ relevant industry experience
- A proven track record of planning, cost tracking, problem solving and project management in an upstream project environment
- Excellent leadership and teamwork skills
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills
- Desire to share knowledge and mentor others
- A high level of motivation and commitment
- Proven experience working in a multi-cultural and multi-disciplinary environment
Only candidates with the right to work in Australia will be considered.
To apply simply press the ‘Apply’ button. Due to the large number of applicants, only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.