Our client, a major company within the Oil and Gas Industry, is looking for a Gas Scheduler/Customer Service Representative to work on a one-year assignment in Houston, Texas.
The customer service representative will be responsible for day-to-day customer operational support in the areas of nominations, confirmations, and allocations for the USGTM pipelines, storage and offshore facilities. The position requires working a shift schedule consisting of 7 12-hour day shifts followed by 7 days off. As pipeline conditions dictate, candidate must be flexible and willing to accommodate unanticipated changes in the work schedule.
- Assists customers as they utilize contracted services from each of the pipeline, storage and offshore facilities. Includes responding to customer inquiries related to:
- Nominations, scheduling, confirmations, allocations, curtailment, critical and noncritical notices, OBAs, imbalances, capacity release, and storage injections and withdrawals.
- Tariff interpretation
- EBB access
- Analyzes, prioritizes and addresses transportation and related customer problems/ issues with other members of Volume Management as well as Marketing, Capacity Services, Scheduling and other interfacing departments, as appropriate. Has ultimate responsibility to ensure that customer receives timely resolution of all discrepancies involving pipeline services.
- Coordinates activities with Gas Control, Marketing, Business Development, Engineering, Capacity Planning, Scheduling, Capacity Services with respect to customer contract usage, operational issues, outages and maintenance and communicates related information to customers.
- Works with customers on developing and implementing both transportation and storage utilization strategies.
- Identify system LINK issues and help troubleshoot with LINK staff.
- Serves in a learning and supporting capacity for most assigned job duties, such as training, administration, communication, reporting, problem resolution, and project management.
- Learns to develop an understanding of the supported flowing gas processes (such as nominations, confirmations, allocations, curtailment, critical and noncritical notices, OBAs, imbalances, and storage injections and withdrawals) with the goal of becoming a "resident" subject matter expert.
- Informs management of all current and potential customer concerns, issues, and possible opportunities. Presents to management the associated potential risks and benefits.
- Works under close, direct supervision. Generally, makes few independent decisions. When making decisions, they are typically of a routine nature with ample precedent or with clearly defined procedures as guidance. Work is typically reviewed for accuracy and adequacy and conformance with prescribed procedures.
- Contributes to process improvements.
Contacts (Working Relationships):
- Transportation and Storage Service Customers
- Commercial Departments (Marketing, Business Development, and Commercial Services)
- Operational Departments (Gas Control, Capacity Services, Scheduling, Measurement, Capacity Planning and Asset Planning)
- Regulatory Affairs
- FERC Compliance
- Bachelors or Associates degree in relevant field or equivalent experience
- Experience working with Gas Scheduling and/or Volume Management
- Ability to communicate clearly, concisely and accurately using oral and written communications with internal and external customers
- Ability to effectively solve problems by using analytical skills to reach a logical conclusion
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to handle confidential information in a sensitive manner
- Must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19
Nice to have:
- Bachelor’s degree in business, accounting, or engineering.
- Experience with Gas Control, Scheduling, Capacity Services, Regulatory, Marketing or other areas with applicable experience.
- Basic understanding of pipeline and storage commercial operations and value drivers.
- Knowledge of USGTM assets.
- Experience with or ability to learn LINK system.
- Effective human relations, influencing and listening skills to work in a team environment, including communications necessary for effective hand off and pick up responsibilities.
- Demonstrated ability to assimilate, organize and prioritize a significant volume of information in a timely manner and determine the proper course of action, including the evaluation of information gathered from multiple sources.
- Effective negotiation skills for interfacing with internal and external customers.
- Pro-active self-starter with high level of motivation and personal initiative
- Demonstrated decision-making and leadership skills.
- Demonstrated ability to develop collaborative working relationships with other departments and external parties to achieve goals.
- Proficiency working with office computer applications such as Microsoft Office Products.
- The position requires working a shift schedule consisting of 7 12-hour day shifts followed by 7 days off.
- Ability to work evenings and weekends on limited occasions.
- The noise level in the environment is moderate.
Must be legally authorized to work in the US