Gas Plant Operator
Airswift is currently conducting a search for (2) Gas Plant Operators located in the Tioga, ND area for an immediate start date. The selected candidate will be responsible for the day-to-day operations and maintenance of a Gas to Liquids plant in North Dakota.
All candidates are encouraged to apply immediately. Local candidates strongly preferred.
Summary: Responsible for the day-to-day operations and maintenance of a gas to liquid plant.
- Travel: Must be able to travel
- Work Schedule: 12 hour shifts, (7/7 schedule)
- Location: Tioga, ND
- Position type: 12+ months
Main Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Operate a process unit consisting of compressors, pumps, filters, and exchangers with SMR and Liquid Fuel Production reactor and distillation.
- Operate plant equipment & system and communicate to management of operating status
- Ability to monitor and review the process condition of the unit through a DCS screen board system
- Oversee and take action on any upset condition of the plant and protect equipment with proper isolation or shutdown.
- Start-up/Shutdown of plant equipment
- Adjust controls to operate equipment in the recommended or prescribed operating ranges
- Visually inspect equipment and controls at periodic intervals to detect malfunctions or need for repair, adjustment or lubrication
- De-pressure equipment and piping systems
- Operate valves
- Monitor plant and operations and respond to emergency or upset conditions
- Operate under Process Safety Management (PSM) as required
- Implement safe work practices and participate in proactive safety culture while ensuring safety for the employee, public and environment at all times
- Read, monitor and record various operating conditions such as pressure, temperature, hours of operations, fuel consumed, water levels, etc.
- Perform minor maintenance on equipment including, but not limited to reciprocating natural gas compressors, pumps, fluid separation equipment, valves, etc.
- Preventative Maintenance (PM), remove and replace filters, oil, chemicals, other lubricating fluids, gaskets, and valves as needed
- Change gauges
- Maintain sites in a clean condition including picking up/taking out trash, control weeds and grassy areas, minor painting, etc.
- Clean out site glasses as necessary
- Change out suction/discharge valves on natural gas compressors, light bulbs, and fuses
- Improve upon meeting the needs and demands of customers
- Direct and supervise contract labor involved in plant upgrade/maintenance activities
- Collaborate with direct supervisor on new and improved ideas associated with an evolving plant
- Able to read and understand engineering documentation P&ID diagrams, Cause and Effect diagram, Electrical One-Line, Equipment Manuals, Equipment Data Sheets, Pump Curves.
- A minimum of a high school diploma or G.E.D. equivalent is required. College degree is a plus.
- Technical certification or equivalent training in a mechanical environment or energy related field is preferred
Required Experience & Background:
- A minimum of 10 years' experience in oil refinery process engineering, controls or operations
- A valid driver's license with acceptable driving record is required
- Knowledge of the operation, control and general design of various kinds of systems typically present in a processing or fractionation plant is required
- Basic computer skills
- Ability to assume responsibility, be flexible, perform duties and handle multiple tasks under potentially stressful and/or hazardous conditions
- The ability to effectively communicate, both verbally and in writing, with other individuals, teams, customers, and stakeholders of the business, at various levels of the organization.
- Takes initiative and is proactive in addressing issues. Quickly and efficiently completes tasks