Job Title: FPSO Lead Mechanical Engineer
Contract Duration: 7 months renewable
Work Location: Paris, France + potential mission in Asia
Target Start date: 1st August
Position based in Paris (France) offices with potential missions in Asia, until the FID (planned for 2022) then within the FPSO contractor premises after contract award, (expat position). The position is needed until FID within the pre-FEED project team and will evolve, after FID, within the project execution-team new organisation.
• Development studies for Blocks 20 & 21 are performed by the GPI, which is a multi-disciplinary and dedicated structure, acting on behalf of the Affiliate (TEPA) in accordance to HQ processes in terms of methodology and governance. This choice is justified by project context, field complexity and the overall project schedule (Fast -track project, 5 years from farm-in and operatorship transfer to First Oil).
• The development consists in production by subsea wells to a spread moored FPSO ( 80 kbopd, 85 kbwpd, 400 MMscfd gas reinjection, oil tandem offloading) with a contextualized Technical Referential.
• supervise and coordinate the mechanical engineering related activities performed by the EPSCC Contractor;
• provide support and expertise and contribution with regards to his discipline;
• provide support to challenge and support the Contractor in the value engineering exercise. Promote alternatives design to optimize cost, work and schedule;
• timely review and comment engineering documents and consolidate comments related to mechanical deliverables; liaise with other engineering specialist(s),and entity (Operations, HSE,…) as required;
• ensure that the engineering activities related to mechanical matters are performed in compliance with applicable laws and regulations, FPSO Key Technical Requirements with required level of quality, high HSE standards, within the agreed time schedule and cost;
• prepare the deviation requests to FPSO Key Technical Requirements, follow up the instruction by company's Head Office experts to ensure timely answer;
• promptly respond to engineering clarifications, request for deviations and unexpected technical issues, by a proactive and proficient approach;
• conduct studies leading to technical decision making and issue recommendation to Project Management;
• liaise with Head office to get expertise when required in specific mechanical subjects such as pumps, Gas Turbine, Steam turbine, Combined Cycle
• Assist the Procurement activities;
• Assist the Commissioning and Operations in the preparation of their activities;
• Support preparation and participate in Project technical reviews, provide answers and ensure timely implementation of the findings in his discipline;
• Ensure proper reporting, highlighting critical issues to the Technical Leader and proposing remedial actions. The job holder is also accountable for demonstrating an exemplary behaviour with regard to HSSE rules & requirements and for ensuring that HSSE requirements are duly implemented within his area of responsibility
-Advanced expertise in Mechanical Engineering.
-The language of the service is English.
If you are interested and think you have the right profile, please apply!
Consultant: Yasmin Lelot