Our Client an International Oil & Gas Operating Company are looking for Fluid Cement Field Supervisor to be based onshore, Mozambique.
Purpose of the Position
To provide technical expertise and supervision to ensure safe and efficient planning and execution of Drilling Fluids, Cementing and Drilling Waste Management operations in order to meet the campaign objective of Safely Delivering Quality Wells. Expected to keep abreast of and implement new technologies in Well Fluids, Solids Control, Cement and Drilling Waste Management and to provide advice on minimizing the SHE impact of fluids and equipment to the operation.
- Supervise the work of the drilling fluid, cement and drilling waste service companies engineers and supervisors in the field including receiving daily information from the service companies’ to ensure operations are according to prescribed programme and making periodic visits to the rig site to ensure proper application of the programmes and availability of the proper tools and materials needed.
- Conduct SHE audits of relevant Operations sites during drilling campaign pertaining to cement, drilling fluids and waste
- Review operational programs with the rig, field and office teams as required
- Review and approve service company programmes related to drilling fluids, cementing and waste management.
- Provide technical expertise to the operations team and participate in troubleshooting and problem-solving
- Review daily fluids reports, cement programs and attend daily rig calls
- Ensure timely delivery of accurate and comprehensive operational reports and data
- Provide quality assurance including witnessing of all cement jobs, pressure tests and other critical elements
- Ensures full compliance with d-EMP commitments regarding drilling waste management.
- Lead by example in driving performance culture, continuously assessing operational efficiency, identifying and sharing best practices, improvement opportunities and lessons learnt
- Steward and verify Service Provider’s performance and continual improvement ensuring knowledge and performance management processes are followed, including advance planning meetings, after action reviews and lessons learnt
- Analyse and evaluate the mud materials and/or chemicals to ensure that they meet specifications, includes oversees required laboratory tests and analyses, and evaluating the materials and/or chemicals used in the field.
- Collaborate with Logistics Superintendent, Wellsite Materials Co-ordinator and Senior Drilling Engineer to ensure the timely arrival of all equipment and services
- 20 years Fluids, Cement and Drilling Waste Management experience in the Oil and Gas environment
- Experience in Water Base Mud Cuttings Disposal onshore as described in directive AER 050 Directive and clients Method Statement: Drilling Waste Management
- Knowledge of Stress Cage Reservoir Drilling Fluids