Airswift has been tasked by one of our major clients to seek a Flowsheet Designer to work within their facilities located in Claremont, CA for an initial 12-month contract.
As Flowsheet Designer you will prepare flowsheets for projects and proposals, maintain the flowsheets over the duration of the project, coordinate changes with all disciplines, incorporate vendor information and ensure correct and timely issuance of flowsheet.
- Assist in maintenance of SPPID databases.
- Prepare information for drafting of PFDs and P&IDs, with Process Engineer's input.
- Ensure all comments from different disciplines are understood and correctly interpreted on flowsheets.
- Coordinate internal reviews.
- Issue PFDs; and P&lDs in accordance with project schedules.
- Prepare utility flowsheets and material selection diagrams.
- Incorporate vendor information.
- Be able to create and maintain high quality intelligent P&IDs to aid in Automation and Digital integration efforts.
- Uphold Company’s standards of quality, applicable codes and industry standards and practices.
- Represent group in staff, vendor and client meetings when necessary.
Previous education and experience required:
· Minimum 10 years’ experience with practical knowledge in piping, instrumentation, PFDs and P&lDs.
· Working knowledge of drafting principles, drafting and design standards.
· Knowledge of SmartPlant P&ID, AutoCAD and MicroStation.
· SmartPlant Foundation experience a plus.
· Capable of working under minimal supervision.