Job title: Fleet Business Development Manager
Location: Flexible – Remote Working
Job type: Contract
Assignment Duration: 12 months minimum
Our client has externally committed to be a proactive leader and participant of the energy transition, aiming to become a net zero company by the 2050 or sooner. One of the key metrics underpinning this aim is to build out an integrated electrification business in key regions globally across key user cases. A major component of that business is rolling out an EV network of at least 70,000 operated chargers by 2030 – this is an integral part of our transition from an International Oil Company to an Integrated Energy Company.
In London we have announced a plan to enable professional drivers using electric vehicles to access more affordable and reliable charging infrastructure through a series of rapid charging hubs. 2021 will focus on growing the network in London and entering several new cities in the UK and the rest of Europe.
The Fleet Business Development Manager will drive the acquisition of professional drivers to optimise utilisation of the growing city-wide EV hub networks. The EV hubs are a new solution that create an optimal charging experience for drivers and minimize their opportunity cost (prime locations, multiple charging bays and rapid charging). Professional drivers cover the B-B-C segment (ride-hailers and other digitally aggregated fleets) and the existing (and new) B2B fleets as they transition from ICE to EV vehicles. We are able to offer integrated EV charging solutions to these fleet customers, incorporating the EV hubs as an exclusive feature for selected customers. The management of more strategic B-B-C fleet accounts and access to the UK EV hub offer will be overseen by this role. Given the importance of supporting new and existing fleets as they transition from ICE to EV, this role will need to work closely with Commercial teams, as well as the Future Mobility strategic partnership team. This is with the end-goal of providing one integrated face to the customer
- Manage relationships for strategic B-B-C fleet accounts
- Manage portfolio of EV fleets that have access to the hubs – ensuring the proposition of prime locations, availability and rapid charging resonates is what we deliver to the drivers
- Work collaboratively as a member of a multi-discipline team
- Dedicated link between the Sales team and the M&C ESA Fleet Team
- Work closely with Future Mobility strategic partnership team to identify and support customer opportunities
- Responsible for seamless integration of the hub offer in new and existing Fleet offers
- Support the Senior Manager EV Fleet Hubs & Network Expansion Lead with delivering in-year customer acquisition targets, while also planning and reporting against the 2025/2030 lookahead – developing a UK roadmap for customer growth.
- Self-generate new business leads from prospecting activity and networking
- Develop and maintain a sales prospect pipeline to deliver profitable growth via new customer acquisition
- Understand Fuel & Charge card customer needs, identifying, characterising, developing and formulising specific/bespoke sources of value.
- Engage with the right stakeholders at the right level to steer and optimise all opportunities.
- Ensure customer account information and data is accurately captured and maintained according to designated business processes
- Prepare all business cases in line with established templates/models to the required standard with timely submission for appropriate sign off within DOA.
- Capture and feedback customer insights and market intelligence to differentiate and position offer
Business degree or similar through experience
- Direct Sales experience, including business development.
- Strategic Account Management experience
- Experience in e-mobility industry or another industry which is similarly undergoing rapid changes in both technology and consumer behaviour
- Demonstrable financial awareness/ability to understand & apply financial modelling tools.
- Excellent communication and networking skills, ability to manage high level relationships
- Experienced negotiator with excellent influencing and interpersonal skills.
- Good IT skills with an ability to understand new systems and processes.
- Influential team player
- Understanding of the B2B fuel cards business/market (preferred)
- Fluent in English
- Up to 50% travel required