Airswift has been tasked by one of its major clients to find an experienced Fixed Asset Accounting Advisor to join their team on a 5-months contract position with Houston, TX.
The Fixed Asset Accounting Advisor IV works closely with the broader Capital Assets accounting team to prepare accurate and timely financials. The professional leverages depth of technical expertise in fixed asset accounting and financial systems to support business needs.
- At least 5 years of fixed asset accounting experience in the oil and gas industry.
- Advanced knowledge of fixed asset accounting policies and procedures in the oil and gas industry.
- Strong experience with U.S. and Canadian regulatory practices and requirements (e.g., FERC, NEB, AER, OEB).
- Robust working experience with Oracle ERP systems
- Knowledge of PowerPlan
- Comfort with a highly consultative and analytical focus
- Prepare journal entries using Oracle, SAP, and/or PowerPlan in support of fixed asset accounting.
- Develop timely, accurate actuals for fixed assets to support the business's project management and decision-making.
- Review ERP-based calculations for accuracy and consistency, identifying variances to Reporting group where applicable.
- Assist Analysts with complex transactions/issue resolution, as needed (e.g., for depreciation runs, classification of fixed assets, reconciliations, retirements, and AROs).
- Collaborate with Reporting team (within CA) to support preparation of financials (e.g., PPE roll-forward report).
- Liaise with internal stakeholders across U.S. and Canada to identify data needs, support Tax and Regulatory/Audit requirements.
- Partner closely with IT/EFS to execute the month-end close and resolve systems issues.
Assignment Duration: 5-month duration.
Work Location: Houston, TX
Work Schedule: 5/40