Our client, a midstream company, is seeking a Fixed Asset Accounting Advisor IV to work a 6-month contract in Houston, TX
- Coordinate new lease requests with Lease Accounting BU champion to make sure all the lease attributes are identified and vetted to ensure proper classification of the leases
- Coordinate the monthly transactional accounting relating to ASC-842, the new lease accounting for all Oracle entities and provide supporting schedules to the Reporting group as required for the quarterly lease disclosures.
- Review lease accounting account reconciliations as required.
- Mentor the US Fixed Asset Accountant in her daily responsibilities of depreciation, retirements, transfer, and additions with the USD Oracle FA module, and reviewing the monthly PA scorecard to ensure that unitizations are prioritized and performed in a timely fashion.
- Produced a monthly US Oracle Fixed Asset register that is reconciled to the G/L and the FA Asset Cost and Reserve subledgers.
- Review all US Oracle unitizations prior to interface to ensure that assets are being properly classified by FERC plant account, physical location, in-service date, and other critical attributes.
- Provide NBV calculation and support as requested on specific assets of entities.
- Provide fixed asset data to the accounting research and valuation group for special projects/audits as required.
- Coordinate and record Impairments and Assets Held for Sale with accounting research and others, as required.
- Assist in initial assessments of whether an ARO should be recorded and create a depreciation and accretion schedule for the ARO.
- Ensure the US Fixed asset accountant is recording the monthly depreciation and accretion entries properly.
- Knowledge of US and Canadian regulations
- Oracle work experience