Our client, a major Oil & Gas company, is seeking a Financial Analyst to work a 1-year contract in Calgary, AB.
This position is primarily responsible for providing support for the month-end and close process, preparation of legal entity statements and general accounting support.
- Support the month end and close process including FX rate distributions, intercompany balance sheet reports, debt schedule reconciliation, statistical data loads, late book entries and non-standard distribution.
- Provide support in the preparation of legal entity statements including partnerships, quarterly and annual reporting, government, and tax questionnaires by entity and on non-routine responses to ad hoc US and Canadian tax requests.
- Coordination of insurance forecasts, budget, and renewals.
- Provide general accounting support including ad hoc invoicing and coding, Statistics Canada surveys, and stale cheque validation.
- Prepare pension monthly entries and annual true up.
- Special projects and ad-hoc requests, as required.
- Post-secondary degree in Finance or Accounting
- Highly proficient in Excel and other Microsoft applications
- Professional Accounting designation
- Broad understanding of IFRS, US GAAP, external reporting policies and procedures
- Work experience in upstream business environment
- Working knowledge of SAP, FCCS and BW to input, analyze, validate, and report on data basis without restrictions