Our client, a major oil and gas company, is looking for a Payroll Tax Anayst to work on a 12-months contract.
- Performs payment and reporting of payroll tax liabilities.
- Analyzes and reconciles payroll transactions, resolves discrepancies with ADP, and validates quarterly tax returns.
- Performs detailed analysis and control validation, identifies and facilitates resolution of issues and ensures timely submission.
- Responsible for account reconciliation in accordance with established standards and maintains up-to-date documentation.
- Prepares amended returns, researches and responds to tax notices, external audit and other inquiries, maintains company profile in ADPs system, participates in special projects, perform back-up role to support the tax team.
- Provides decision support to other departments including operating companies, SAP IT support, Legal, Expatriate Administration, Comptrollers, Payroll Accounting, Payroll Processing and all levels of management.
- Steward of highly sensitive employee information which requires strict adherence to information protection policy.
- Knowledge of federal, state, and company policies, procedures and regulations as related to accounting.
- Previous experience with computer applications, such as Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint, and any other related financial software.
- 5-7 years financial and/or accounting experience required.
- Bachelor's degree in accounting or related financial discipline required.
This position will be fully remote working PST core hours (7:30am - 4:30pm)