Airswift has been tasked by one of our major clients, in the Renewable Energy Industry, to seek a "Finance Operation, General Ledger and Tax Group Lead (FOGLTL)" to be based in Metro Manila, Philippines.
About the business
The Company is a manufacturer-independent integrated developer specializing in the development, design & engineering, financing, EPC, operation & maintenance and asset management of solar power plants. The Company provides turnkey solar power plant solutions and serves customers worldwide.
About the role
Under general direction of the Head of Finance, the Finance Operation, General Ledger and Tax Group Lead (FOGLTL) will be responsible for all areas of finance operations relating to day-to-day accounts payable and accounts receivable transaction processing and recording functions and monthly financial reporting and statutory tax compliance of The Company and affiliated companies both local and APAC Region.
- Collaborate with Finance Operation Group Officers (FOGO) for the handling routine of all Payable and Receivable transaction processing and recording.
- Ensure on time payment of supplier's invoice, intercompany loans and employee's reimbursements and liquidations with corresponding complete authorization.
- Ensure on time collection from customers.
- Using existing accounting software XERO, review all processed transactions by FOGO.
- Ensure an accurate and timely recording of transactions with correct posting of journal entries in XERO and attached complete and accurate supporting documents in XERO and BSCW.
- Administer the ticketing system for Payable and Receivable from end-to-end process.
- Together with Head of Finance, review and approve payment run by ensuring to check the transaction is properly authorized before approving payment run of supplier's invoice, intercompany loans and employee's reimbursements and liquidations.
- Review business development, management, and shared service contracts for billing to customers.
- Review and approve Payable and Receivable aging reports.
- Email the approved Payable and Receivable weekly aging reports to the concerned partner markets and clients, respectively.
- Identify opportunities for consolidation and integration of existing business / finance systems to reduce complexity, improve data flow through, and drive Payable and Receivable process effectivity and efficiency.
- Assist the Head of Finance by documenting ‘to be’ process flow, articulating procedures, and work instructions, and writing policy documents.
- Under the supervision of Head of Finance, coordinate, test, and implement system improvement or implementation projects impacting Payable and Receivable activities within the Shared Service Organization (SSO)
- Be the central point of control for all Payable and Receivable policies and processes to ensure the documents are reviewed, maintained, and aligned with any revised business processes.
- Participate in processes regarding risk management compliance and internal controls to ensure finance operation risks are effectively managed and minimized.
- Ensure adherence to the company’s Payable and Receivable policies and procedures at all time.
- Obtain and maintain a thorough understanding of the financial reporting and general ledger structure.
- Ensure an accurate and timely monthly, quarterly and year end closing of all books per company per country.
- Review monthly Management Reporting including the pertinent schedules per company per country.
- Prepare quarterly Consolidated APAC Management Report (Reporting Package) including the pertinent schedules for review of Head of Finance.
- Ensure timely and accurate reporting of all financial information per company per country.
- Assist in internal reports required by the management: APAC and HQ in Europe.
- Respond to inquiries from the Head of Finance regarding financial results, special reporting requests and the like.
- Oversee the interim and year-end audit with external and statutory auditors and ensure compliance that will drive to zero audit issues.
- Review audited financial reports before submission for approval of Head of Finance.
- Oversee on all tax compliance and tax audits performed by Outsourced Accountants.
- Identify opportunities for tax minimization and tax savings in a legal form.
- Administer data management of contacts in XERO and maintaining of complete and updated contacts of suppliers and customers.
- Oversee bank opening and updates for new and existing bank accounts and ensure availability and updating of bank account on time.
- Oversee online banking registration and update and ensure registration and updating of online banking on time.
- Oversee the activities of the Finance Operation Group Officers and Finance General and Tax Group Officers (FOGO and FGLTGO).
- Provide trainings, coaching, and arranging development programs including but not limited to online banking, XERO, Approval Max and BSCW for new and existing FOGO and FGLTGO.
- Other functions would require by the Head of Finance aligned with the roles of a Finance Operation, and General Ledger and Tax Group Lead (FOGLTL).
Benefits and perks
- A competitive and attractive remuneration package.
- Company Group Medical Insurance Coverage.
- Dynamic and diverse work environment with colleagues from around the world.
- A truly international exposure.
- An open-minded and highly motivated team.
- Interesting and challenging tasks.
- Encourage both teamwork and personal responsibility.
- Great opportunities for professional and personal growth.
- Board passer as Certified Public Accountant (CPA) Philippines (mandatory).
- Graduate of Bachelor of Science in Accountancy (mandatory).
- Minimum work experience of at least 5 years at managerial position, preferably with experienced working in Business Process Outsourcing (BPO) handling Asia Pacific (APAC) accounts other than Philippines (mandatory).
- Experience in Shared Services (mandatory).
- With knowledge of using ERP Computerized Accounting System preferably XERO accounting software (mandatory).
- Can lead 2 or more staffs.
- With technical accounting, audit, and tax skills.
- Keen of details.
- Computer skills.
- Work independently.
- Self-starter, and