Our Client an International Oil and Gas Operating Company are looking for a Finance Business Analyst to be based in their offices in Esbjerg, Denmark. The role will be offered with a long-term contract and a negotiable daily rate.
Reporting to the Lead Cost Engineer as Finance Business Analyst you’ll be Finance focal for a complex offshore project with a budget ~ USD 3 Billion and deputize for the Lead Cost Engineer as required.
- Finance Business Partner and advisor for the Project, driving the Finance agenda and establishing cost- and budget ownership as well as a commercial mindset throughout the organization
- Facilitate and drive forecasting, budget, and long-term plan processes within the Project including appropriate challenge to cost and operational plans
- Verify month end results and engage the organization to perform variance and burn rate analysis based on business performance and activities
- Liaise with the organization and the Cost Control team to collate and prepare for VOWD estimates, ensuring validated Accruals shared with the Cost Team.
- Provide financial understanding across PnL, Balance sheet and Inventory etc. to the organization
- Drive transparency and efficiency on G&A spend for all budget holders within the project to ensure appropriate reporting and management of costs internally and towards JV partners
- Understand and provide transparency to internal and external allocations impacting the project including Corporate charges, Logistics and employees
- Liaise with Economics, Controlling and Cost Controlling teams to understand financial impact on both equity and JV books as well as bridging between LTP, actuals and forecasts/budgets
- Maintain effective working relationship with JV partners ensuring accurate and timely information for JV reporting
- High calibre Qualified Finance professional with a proven track record and Oil & Gas Industry knowledge and experience.
- Good accounting knowledge with ability to interpret, analyse and present financial data in a business context.
- Very proficient with SAP.