Our client, a major downstream company, is looking for a Field Operator lll to work on a 12-month contract in their facilities located in Lockport, IL.
- This site has 13 big tanks – 3rd party brings product through pipeline and distribute to tanks accordingly.
- Terminal Operator supporting this 24/7 facility, daily accountabilities and receiving shipments.
- Receipt of new product through pipeline at this facility for storage/distribution
- New receipt that day – 6am arrival, fill out paperwork
- Daily: 7am – safety and planning meeting
- Independent Work – Routine checklists and maintenance (open/close valve, take sample, assist with tanker truck loading and distribution)
- Contractor must reside no more than approximately 45 mins from the terminal, as potential on-call emergencies may arise.
- Contractor must be able to climb the exterior tank stairwell (approximately 100-120 flights stairs). This is an exposed staircase (with proper safety rails/precautions), carrying equipment/tools (of nominal weight) with them.
- Contractor must be comfortable working outdoors. Approximately 50% of work executed outside assisting/operating terminal (minimal in winter – heavy coat and safety vest provided).
- No heavy lifting heavy is required for this position.
- Required PPE: Safety Shoes, Safety glasses, Hard Hat, Safety Vest, Gloves
Desired Candidate Experience
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in oil/gas industry OR – 2 years direct experience with terminal/pipeline
- Worked in pipeline and terminal before preferred
- Experience at a refinery facility preferred
- Familiar with oil/gas, hazardous chemical safety processes and procedures required
- Mechanical Aptitude Required
- Can open/close valves, handle pump/pipes safely
- Efficient with MS office/Excel (accurate data entry)
- 5/40 with expected OT
- 2 Shifts (day and night) 6am-2pm 2pm-12am. Flexibility to work a 12 hrs. shift if needed.
- Flexibility is required: Several times a month (approximately 50% of time): Day Shift Workers will need to start shift at 2am to support a shipment that happens during shift transition, and work from 2am – 2pm (12-hour shift – OT paid)
- These 2am starts will be identified as the shipment schedule is made, typically several days in advance
- Training: Day shift training most likely, with progressing to nightshift once experienced. *If candidate is only able to work nights, training can be adjusted to nights*