Our major client, in the Oil & Gas industry, is seeking a Field Operator to work within their facilities located in Carlsbad, NM for a 12-month assignment (subject to extension).
Operate equipment and wells by applying operating and safety procedures and guidelines to meet daily operational plan, reduce equipment failure and efficient resources administration.
- Function as Equipment Care Technician, and routinely use Maintenance skills in performing simple maintenance activities
- Ensure that the well problem diagnostics are thorough and complete before requesting Well Work intervention operations
- Ensure that the wellhead and well surface equipment are maintained and are in good working order prior to Wellwork operations taking over responsibility for the well for intervention operations
- Report when the alarm, emergency or emergency shutdown system is out of service - Provide detailed, clear and accurate information when changing shift, to guarantee that unit conditions are updated and ensure operations continuity
- Coordinate, control and monitor maintenance jobs according with the corrective, predictive and preventive planning
- Provide assistance and support to the ongoing Wellwork operations as needed
- Take samples of products for laboratory analysis and execute field laboratory tests
- Responsible to implement on daily work objectives, housekeeping, safety, health, environmental and security
- Active participation on daily toolbox meetings and regular, reported safety meetings
- Identify and implement corrective and optimization actions by the continuous surveillance of wells and equipment to ensure reliable, efficient and safe operational conditions
- Report continuously in the log book all relevant operational events and abnormal situations or deviation occurred in the work area, equipment or personnel
- Active participation on emergency response activities
- Report incidents internally and escalate awareness as per the Incident Reporting Guidelines
- Ensure that Operations Shift Supervisor is informed and consulted about operations activities
- Ensure good communication across the work team so that issues / actions can be adequately addressed
- Provide the basic facts concerning well producing problems, current production rates, and current condition of the well
- High School Diploma or GED
- Minimum of 4-6 years of experience as a Field Operator
- Pipeline, Pigging, Hydration and Plant Operation Experience is a plus
- Completed secondary education and worked previously as a Field Technician.
- Strong communications (oral & written)
- High standard of Safety, Health, Environment aptitude and cultivates the same in others.
- Strong knowledge of field operations
- Strong knowledge of safety and operations management tools and processes
- Broad knowledge of Emergency Preparedness Procedures
- Strong knowledge of Project Philosophy and Design Specifications
- Knowledgeable of relevant regulations
- Knowledgeable of relevant commercial agreements
Work Schedule: 5 days on/ 2 days off (able to be on-call)