Our major client, in the Oil & Gas industry, is seeking a Field Operator to work within their facilities located in Lloydminster, AB for a 12-month assignment.
- The role of this person is to be responsible for the ongoing safe, compliant, and cost-effective operation of the Pipeline facilities in the area of his / her responsibility.
- This may include pump stations, truck pits, LACT units, storage tankage, radio towers, river crossing isolation valves, and pig traps / junctions.
- This person will also interface with Lloydminster Control Room personnel, Pipeline engineering staff, and Maintenance personnel.
Job Responsibilities may also include:
- Inspect daily the operating facilities within the area of responsibility.
- Maintain a log of operating activities / conditions at each site.
- Respond to shutdowns and alarms at facilities, either solving the problem or calling in appropriate maintenance support personnel. Perform daily checks on product quality (density and S&W).
- Ensure all regulatory reporting occurs in a timely manner.
- Initiate work requests and call-outs to Maintenance personnel to sustain operations. Issue work authorization / hazard assessments to maintenance and construction personnel working in the operating facility. Identify root causes and/or solutions for abnormal situations, provide suggestions for improvement.
- Ensure periodic preventative maintenance activities are completed on mechanical, electrical, and instrumentation equipment. The activities are designated on the PM - RACI chart
- Provide point of contact for third party operators / shippers in the area of responsibility. Provide field supervision of third-party pipeline crossings and complete required paperwork. Line locate underground Pipeline facilities as required.
- The candidate must provide own truck – Kilometers / Mileage Allowance at $0.75/km
- Min 5 years of relevant work experience
- Minimum Grade 12 Diploma or equivalent
- Valid Class 5 Driver's License
- Demonstrated safety awareness and industry recognized safety training
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task and handle multiple priorities in a logical manner
- Strong communication, organizational, and teamwork skills
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision, demonstrated self-motivation and willingness to accept increased operational responsibilities
- Demonstrated mechanical or electrical aptitude and analytical troubleshooting skills
- Familiarity with computer-based control systems
- Computer skills including experience and proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, and SAP
- Safety tickets - First aid, AED, CPR/A, Confined space, Detect & Control flammable subst, ERP Orientation (WBT), ESCOP awareness, Fall Protection, Fire extinguisher, Fleet vehicle operate, H2S alive, TDG, WHMIS, Ground Disturbance, line Locating, MOC, Omni safe, Permits, Platform-mobile elevated (work platform), SCBA Facepiece fit & Self contain breathing app
Nice to Have:
- Secondary technical diploma such as GPO, HOOT or Fourth-Class Steam Engineer certification
- Journeyman designation
Work Schedule: 8 days on/ 6 days off