Airswift has been tasked by one of our major oil & gas clients to seek for a Field Operations Manager to join a project in Mozambique.
PURPOSE OF THE ROLE
The FOM is the senior Company Well Delivery representative in the field with overall responsibility for ensuring that all operations are conducted in a safe, technically competent, efficient, and environmentally responsible manner. Responsible for in-field management of Company Well Delivery field leadership team, all SHE, Civils, Logistics and Drilling & Completion operations and interface with all other in-field operations and stakeholders. The purpose of this and all Company Well Delivery roles is to Safely Deliver Quality wells and to personally contribute to Mozambique skills transfer.
• Actively and visibly lead creation and maintenance of a safe working culture through the +People programme, ensuring compliance with Company and drilling contractor safety systems
• Ensure all operations are conducted in the best interest of Company and in compliance with Company standards and legislative requirements
• Ensure safe delivery of quality wells: in time and in budget, meeting the agreed objectives and quality criteria
• Lead by example in establishing and maintaining One Team culture. Facilitate and ensure close collaboration and communication between Company personnel at all field and office locations and between Company, drilling contractor and service company personnel.
• Senior Well Delivery representative and focal point for interface with all other in-field operations and stakeholders. Including CPF production operations, Group Technology civils, Well Services and Emergency Response.
• Lead development of SHE plans and ensure execution of operations in accordance with Company Zero Harm Policy and Life Saving Rules
• Manage and support SHE Superintendent, Civils Superintendent, T3 Logistics Superintendent and Drilling & Completions Superintendent ensure effective supervision of all operations
• Ensure timely delivery of accurate and comprehensive operational reports and data
• Lead SHE performance monitoring and continual improvement, support delivery of SHE Assurance Plan and reporting of all incidents and quality investigations in a timely manner and in accordance with Company requirements
• Lead by example in driving performance culture, continuously assessing operational efficiency, identifying and sharing best practices, improvement opportunities and lessons learnt
• Steward and verify Service Provider’s performance and continual improvement ensuring knowledge and performance management processes are followed, including advance planning meetings, after action reviews and lessons learnt
• Review operational programs with the rig, field and London office teams as required.
• Ensure coaching and development of all Company personnel including Trainees and Engineers in Training
• Minimum 20 years of international experience in drilling and completions operations management
• Substantial experience with land rig and remote location operations including management of SHE, Civils and Logistics
• Bachelors’ degree or higher in Engineering
• Management of Major Emergencies or similar Emergency Response Training
SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
• Exemplar and promotor of SHE values with a passion and commitment to high SHE standards
• Proven ability to lead teams and performance manage personnel including development and nationalization
• In-depth understanding of multinational work forces, and the ability to observe and manage human factors
• High personal integrity and emotional intelligence, understanding of human factors in well operations
• Ability to influence and challenge effectively at all levels with an open and constructive style
• Experienced as incident investigation team leader, including RCA, Human Factors, and Just Culture concepts and tools
• Resilient under pressure and adaptable in fast changing environments remaining positive, and cheerful during adversity
• Experienced in management of major emergencies including in remote operations
• Experience in management of simultaneous operations (SIMOPS)
• Independent problem solver who regularly demonstrates inception and results through a pragmatic approach
• Well Control training (Supervisor Level 4 – Surface), advanced well control training advantageous
• Must be fluent in English and proficiency in Portuguese is highly valued