Airswift – Field Materials Coordinator – Houston, TX. 12-month contract
Airswift has been tasked by one of our O&G clients to seek a Field Materials Coordinator to join them on a 12-month contract with the possibility to extend or transition into a permanent role.
The Field Materials Coordinator is responsible to support the overall Logistics and Material Management function for pipeline and facilities materials, including collaborating with contractors and project team for stockpile management, delivery and acceptance of pipeline materials and requisitioning materials as required.
Day to day responsibilities will include:
- Working collaboratively with all stakeholders set, adjust and report on project materials and other materials management metrics related this project.
- Implementation of Field Materials Management duties collaborates with all key stakeholders to manage project materials located in various storage locations.
- Manage and action contractor material requests in MIPs system, utilize SPM inventory system as required, and enter Good Receipts in SAP within 2 days of receipt of MRRs.
- Create Material Requisitions using standard forms and submit to Materials Management/Logistics team to fulfill as required.
- Ensure material handling requirements are met. Ensure Material Receiving Reports (MRR) are issued within the time permitted noted in the Prime contract and structured to the format needed for SPM/SAP integration.
- Create and maintain project MRR Log.
- Make certain proper reporting is provided in regards to overage, shortage, and damaged (OS&D) by the contractor within the time permitted noted in the service contract.
- Oversee that inventory management is being carried out by all contractors including bin counts, consumables reordering, transfers, and stock corrections.
- Assist with and Request for Information (RFI) and/or non-conformance report (NCR) issues.
- Provides reporting in regards to project progress, construction sequence updates, and site mitigation plans.
- Confirm all material documents are being filed properly by the Contractors, this will assist in a smoother turn-over process.
Previous education & experience required:
- 5 years minimum of Field based Material Management experience is preferred
- Associates degree from an accredited college or university
- SAP materials receipt experience
- Working knowledge of pipeline materials
- Advanced MS Excel and MS Access knowledge would be considered an asset
- SPM knowledge is an asset