About the company
Our client is a successful and leading Oil and Gas company based in PNG. They are passionate about delivering social and economic change and aspire to set the standards for private sector contribution to sustainable development.
About the role
Our client is seeking to appoint a Field Inspection Lead to be based in Papua New Guinea on a rotational basis to oversee and review the outsourced daily field inspections on fixed plant and assets across the PNG Development and Operations division to improve facility integrity, reliability, process safety performance and the optimisation of lifecycle costs.
- Attractive base salary, plus allowances
- Permanent opportunity with a major Oil and Gas company
- FIFO available
Key accountabilities and responsibilities
- Promotes and drives a value for safety and implements the company’s Health, Safety and Environment and Security policies in order to hold the team accountable for ensuring a safe working environment.
- Develop, lead and coordinate inspection and NDT services contractors to perform in-service inspections on all field assets.
- Responsible for developing routine and campaign inspection execution strategies.
- Review and provide input into inspection scope of work and work instructions.
- Review and approve inspection procedures and work instructions.
- Review inspection reports.
- Responsible for implementing Anomaly Management Procedure based on inspection findings and recommend remedial actions.
- Responsible for ensuring inspection execution adheres to maintenance and integrity planning schedules
- Maintain effective Inspection Data Management System.
- Responsible for timely effective communication with Field Operation Management, Maintenance and Planning teams.
- Review health of Mechanical Integrity programs and provide appropriate recommendations, mitigations, and timely updates on equipment degradation problems
- Oversees the inspection of the Safety Critical Element Integrity Plan, using Safety Critical Elements derived from the Basis for Safe Operations Procedure.
Required skills and experiences
To succeed in this role, the ideal candidate with be able to demonstrate the following skills and experiences:
- A degree or diploma in an engineering discipline (Mechanical)
- Oil and Gas background with significant operational experience
- Strong analytical, numeracy and problem-solving skills
- AICIP or API inspector qualification
- Demonstrated ability to articulate complex physics and chemistry into understandable language
- Strong knowledge in conventional and non-conventional NDT techniques for in-service inspection of static equipment, piping, pipelines and structures
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills with the ability to liaise with multiple stakeholders
- Knowledge of relevant industry codes, standards and recommended practices
Confidential enquiries can be directed to Sophie Nicholls on 0428 960 470 or email@example.com